Hi,
so this might be the biggest waist of $99 to post a message on here depending on the answer;
So I'm a slim 46 year old with no fat, I have all my adult life been a 'weekend warrior' activity wise (snowboarding, skiiing, motocross, surfing, gardening, biking) and some running in the week. I've always had a desk job where I'm stuck at my desk all day since my late 20's. Since I turned 40 things have started to go down hill , were I have gone from one injury to the next. In the last 2 to 3 years, I've had at least 2 to 3 concurrent issues - mainly all around chronic tendonist/tendonosis in the following locations: left hand, left forearm , right bicep, right shoulder, and 'bad' ankle that no one can get to bottom off (broke it there many years ago in an motocross accident). I'm careful, and eat very well but I'm just getting injury after injury .
Some of the tendon issues are chronic now and I've had them for several years - I'm spent 1000's on physio in this time and dillegently doing the excerises but it seems my lifestyle is against me (life of a desk job). I still seem to get fresh injuries all the time. Muscle orientated ones seem to heal eventually but I can't get the tendon ones to settle down (I know they take 10x longer). I have a 4 year old very active boy and a new 6 month year old boy who keep me very busy outside of my desk and several injuries have come from 'playing' or lifting them etc.
I listen to the podcast on Rob Wolfs on of Coach Sommer discussing the connective tissues, and tendon strength etc. All of which made 100% sense to me and whats wrong with my situation.
Now here is my problem: I cannot get back to a state of no injuries to start any form of training*** as there is always something (ankle, or shoulder, or arm, or hand) that is hurting from tendonitis (mostly), even swimming is out of the question due to the ankle. The most I can do is walking but only up to around 15K steps a day max. I was doing a lot of core and yoga for a 8 months this year successfully but gave myself a hernia at the beginning of the summer (playing with my son) and this knocked that on the head for now (Operation booked for 2 weeks time). I've been trying very carefully now for 2 years to get back to a no injury situation, but things generally seem to be getting worse.
*** When I say 'training' I mean just being active - I don't necessarily mean lifting weights or running per se, just any form of movement would be great, especially if it got the heart rate up.
I'm VERY commited to getting my life back, and with that in mind I have rearranged my financials so that I will be working only 3 days a week in the new year in the hope that I can be physically moving the other 4 days a week and tip the balance back. I do realise that I have old injuries which I will need to work around (dislocated clavicle - old snowboarding injury from my 20's , and right knee that can't take too much load and bad ankle both probably due to a motocross crash 10 years ago, and clearfull management of the tendonitis)
So finally my question: I have just purchased the 'Fundamentials' - can this be done successfully for me with my chronic issues?
Thanks
PS clearly I will need to let my operation heal fully first so it will be a few months before I start.