Again, more questions

Started by Maverick, April 20, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,024 Views

Maverick

So I'm wondering: should you perform different exercises everyday?

My goals: front lever, planche pushups, handstand pushups, muscle-ups

I have been doing the progressions for these every M/W/F. Should I be doing these everyday instead? Or perhaps breaking them down into different days (ex: planche pushups monday, muscle-ups wednesday, etc...)?

I have no idea how to periodize my workouts! Also, when performing these, should I ever 'feel the burn' in the muscle? Or should I only do what I'm capable of and increase the reps/sets weekly (without ever feeling a burn)?

Thanks!

Neal Winkler

Do you own the book?

Also, please take some time to read through the forum archives.

Joshua Chan

What kind of progression are you following? If you want to do planche push-ups you must first do a planche, same for the handstand push ups. First work on perfecting your pushing and pulling strength (dips, chin-ups). I recommend you follow Coach's program, working two day in a rows, and resting wednesday. Thats the program I use both for my general physical training and my ring series.

When it comes to how much work, first know your current limits, test your reps and time on everything, then work with those same numbers until you get well accustomed to it, then test yourself again, and so on.

Hope it works for something.