Hey folks!
My Question: does anybody have experience doing hard stretching in the morning and a power-based activity (BJJ, weightlifting, etc.) in the evening?
Context: I train all the GB courses including the Stretch Series. I also train BJJ 4-5 days per week. Given the intensity and relaxing nature of the Stretch series', I generally do these in the evening AFTER all of my other training for the day.
My schedule has recently changed, and it's becoming difficult to find (make) time to do the Stretch series in the evening. I do have time to do them in the morning, after Foundations and before BJJ (which I do in the evening). I want to gain mobility and flexibility, but I fear that training the Stretch series in the morning will kill my power for BJJ that evening.
I've done the Stretch series in the morning before and have definitely experienced some wobbly-leg situations later in the day. I'd love to hear anyone else's input if they have experience with this.