Elbows out

Started by fireman, April 17, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,810 Views

fireman

Hi, i filmed myself today and i realize that when i am training planche or handstand (straight arm postion), i have my elbows out... I have been trying to push my elbows in, buy my elbows go out.

Are there any exercises so as to correct this? or what could i do??

Thanks you very much.

Blairbob

elbows out? how so? post film please.

Crimsoncross
Blairbob said:
elbows out? how so? post film please.

Must be bent arms. Your elbows "go out" if you bend your arms.

fireman

Look theese captures, especially the front view.

sidevie.th.jpg

frotviewk.th.jpg

Blairbob

If you work basic parallel bar or ring supports, you can focus on turning the crook of the elbow forward. The same should be done in hand support work as much as possible.

It's a little more difficult on a single rail if you are in overgrip but easily done if you are in undergrip. With parallel bars you should be able to turn the crook more forward.

When you learn how to do this, your upper back will be more rounded than it is currently. It is easier to support with the elbows versus forward. This is commonly done during L-sits as well.

fireman

I realize that i had the same problem in the front-lever. In planche, i'ts more difficult now. However, in frontlever elbows in help a lot.

Ok. I'm following your advice. Thanks you very much.

Blairbob

Sure, you're welcome. I don't think about it typically in front lever but I will try to later on today.