Hi All,
I've been taking BJJ/MMA classes at a gym near my house for roughly 5 months now. The sessions run for 1.5 to 2 hours at a time, and are mainly all geared towards technique as opposed to strength/flexibility/conditioning. Because of this, I want to implement GST into my routine to supplement my BJJ training. I currently have Foundation courses 1-3, Handstand course 1 & the three stretch series. I'm also interested in hearing about peoples own experiences training in both of these disciplines.
My questions are:
-
Are there many people training BJJ/MMA & GST simultaneously on here? If so, what does your routine look like? (i.e. days you're working GST, BJJ/MMA, both or neither. Also let me know which courses you are finding most useful
)
- Is there a particular sequence of workouts that worked well for you?
- To fit both into my day (and work), I'll likely be doing GST in the morning 3 days per week (~6:30 am), then BJJ 3 - 4 nights per week (7:30 - 9:30 pm). Has anyone had experience with a similar routine? How did you find it? i.e. was it too much? What did you do to rectify it? (feel free to give input even if you have experience with a different sport)
- Did your ability to recover after sport-specific training improve after starting GST?
From what I know of both disciplines, they look like they will synergise very well, and I'm very keen to kick off my GST. Above all, I want to make sure that I don't go too hard too early, so I'm starting from square 1 with GST, i.e. Foundation PE1's and the stretch programs. If you have any other words of wisdom or tidbits of information that I might find useful while creating my new routine, please feel free to share them here. Any advice will be muchly appreciated.
Thanks!