100 pullups. The HARD way.

Started by Ido Portal, April 12, 2010 · 25 Replies · 8,452 Views

Ido Portal

YgCHPB56-_Q

Now this is a feat of not only amazing relative strength, but incredible work capacity to go with it. I wonder if one can go without the other. Respect, I take my hat off.

Ido.

John Sapinoso

Wow, incredible stuff, this guy is awesome. On a side note, I wonder how the guy in the green shirt felt watching this while doing his assisted pull ups.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

ridiculous.

Alvaro

NO COMMENTS! :shock:

braindx

Damn... Cisco is a monster. Even moreso than I thought before. :shock:

nytennisaddict

ah, new inspiration to continue my journey to performing just 1 with both left/right arms.

rubadub

My elbows feel sore just watching that!

Daniel Jorgensen

lol That is insane!!

Razz

I can do that :roll:

not :shock:

TYG

I wonder how long the workout actually took....the scene cuts every few reps.

However long it is exceptionally incredible!

Guest
TYG said:
I wonder how long the workout actually took....the scene cuts every few reps.

However long it is exceptionally incredible!

He says (in the vid description on Youtube) that the whole session including rest and walking to the medicine balls etc. took him 28 minutes and 41 seconds.

Jonathan Mead

Wow, this is absolutely incredible. I didn't even know that many one arm pullup reps was possible.

Very inspiring!

irongymnast

Hahaha, I'm such a weakling. DAMN.

Mindblowing video.

Sternford

You'd think that would get boring

MCem222

I saw that this morning

Its completely mindblowing

ts00nami said:
On a side note, I wonder how the guy in the green shirt felt watching this while doing his assisted pull ups.

:D Thats actually hilarious

JL
MCem222 said:
I saw that this morning

Its completely mindblowing

ts00nami said:
On a side note, I wonder how the guy in the green shirt felt watching this while doing his assisted pull ups.

:D Thats actually hilarious

Probably wondering if that is the norm for stronger, more buff, people. I would love to hear the story he tells his school buddies, or some of the kids who think they are hot crap for getting 8+ in gym class. "Eight? That's nothing. Some guy at my gym could probably get that with one arm." I don't think most people have a clue.

Donald Lee

I had no idea such a feat was even possible.

At such high reps, anybody have any idea if one arm pullups or chinups would be easier?

braindx
Donald Lee said:
I had no idea such a feat was even possible.

At such high reps, anybody have any idea if one arm pullups or chinups would be easier?

OACs are slightly easier

Nick Van Bockxmeer

dWLnaAudDW0

another example of amazing work capacity? Having never used an actual GHR machine, im curious as to know how much extra leverage you get as opposed to just having your feet held in place, or in my case having a stall bar over my achilles.

Donald Lee
nickvb said:
another example of amazing work capacity? Having never used an actual GHR machine, im curious as to know how much extra leverage you get as opposed to just having your feet held in place, or in my case having a stall bar over my achilles.

It's a lot easier on the machine, but you can adjust the difficulty by moving things around (i.e., making the seat higher or lower). That's also not a full GHR. On a machine, a full GHR would include hip extension.

That was still a great effort...not sure it's worth it though. I'm guessing the next few days he had a ton of DOMS, but maybe at that work capacity, DOMS is a thing of the past...haha.

Frank_GulfCoast

Amazing!

shiftedShapes
Donald Lee said:
nickvb said:
another example of amazing work capacity? Having never used an actual GHR machine, im curious as to know how much extra leverage you get as opposed to just having your feet held in place, or in my case having a stall bar over my achilles.

It's a lot easier on the machine, but you can adjust the difficulty by moving things around (i.e., making the seat higher or lower). That's also not a full GHR. On a machine, a full GHR would include hip extension.

That was still a great effort...not sure it's worth it though. I'm guessing the next few days he had a ton of DOMS, but maybe at that work capacity, DOMS is a thing of the past...haha.

For the machine GHR the lower back extension part makes the exercise easier. If you want to do a hard GHR you should try the sorinex poor man's glute ham raise. It is pretty brutal if you keep the posture perfect (even with the hands at your sides). i bought the machine and increased my frequency too much and now I have slight tendonitis at the top outside of the calf. I will have to wait a few weeks to go back to it and then only once a week.

Donald Lee
shiftedShapes said:
For the machine GHR the lower back extension part makes the exercise easier. If you want to do a hard GHR you should try the sorinex poor man's glute ham raise. It is pretty brutal if you keep the posture perfect (even with the hands at your sides). i bought the machine and increased my frequency too much and now I have slight tendonitis at the top outside of the calf. I will have to wait a few weeks to go back to it and then only once a week.

That Sorinex machine is not for the poor man. I have done GHR on the seated calf raise machine. I have also used a barbell against a wall with pads and weights and a towel to do the GHR. Neither of those cost $300+.

Anyways, I think you might be right about it being easier with hip extension. I've only done it about 2-3 times with hip extension, and I was taught to whip up from the bottom, but I was training for explosiveness, so I don't know if that's how you're supposed to do it normally. I'm guessing you are supposed to explode from the bottom, because it'd be insanely hard without doing that.

shiftedShapes
Donald Lee said:
shiftedShapes said:
For the machine GHR the lower back extension part makes the exercise easier. If you want to do a hard GHR you should try the sorinex poor man's glute ham raise. It is pretty brutal if you keep the posture perfect (even with the hands at your sides). i bought the machine and increased my frequency too much and now I have slight tendonitis at the top outside of the calf. I will have to wait a few weeks to go back to it and then only once a week.

That Sorinex machine is not for the poor man. I have done GHR on the seated calf raise machine. I have also used a barbell against a wall with pads and weights and a towel to do the GHR. Neither of those cost $300+.

Anyways, I think you might be right about it being easier with hip extension. I've only done it about 2-3 times with hip extension, and I was taught to whip up from the bottom, but I was training for explosiveness, so I don't know if that's how you're supposed to do it normally. I'm guessing you are supposed to explode from the bottom, because it'd be insanely hard without doing that.

the sorinex pmgh is not the cheapest way to do the exercise but it is the best. I have tried numerous ad hoc arrangements and the only one that was close was using a gymnastics ladder and wall to brace my feet with an aerobic step and pad to secure the legs from below. Alas I do not have regular access to a gymnastics ladder.

ashita
ts00nami said:
Wow, incredible stuff, this guy is awesome. On a side note, I wonder how the guy in the green shirt felt watching this while doing his assisted pull ups.

Yeah , i looked at him , he was totaly " w** that guy do so many one arm pull up and me i give all my best to do a simple assisted pull up "

ahaha

Anyway that guy is a beast.