This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE16 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, April 30, 2018 · 4 Replies · 132 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello GB community.

I've started to work on front pulls, and just from the beginning I realized this is a very tough progression, as expected.

I've been practicing in order to catch the best form as possible. Here's a video:

Actually I'm not very satisfied, since that I think my hips are a bit piked during the pull. Should I look for a more straight body line,  am I right?

Do you also think there is a bit of momentum as I return to the dead hang position that I should avoid at any cost?

Any tip / feedback will be appreciated!

Thank you very much!

Alessandro

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Alessandro,

These are incredibly tough. Do you have a video of your negative front pulls?

You are using quite a bit of momentum here, as well as piking and bending your elbows. Those are critical things to fix. Looking forward to seeing your negatives!

Alessandro Di Sanzo
16 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Alessandro,

These are incredibly tough. Do you have a video of your negative front pulls?

You are using quite a bit of momentum here, as well as piking and bending your elbows. Those are critical things to fix. Looking forward to seeing your negatives!

Everett, thanks for the feedback!

 I had Just posted a thread about the negatives. Here It is:

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/29997-flpe15-form-check/

And Here's the last video posted in this thread:

I had received a good feedback on these reps about tempo and form from 

@Alessandro Mainente

@Everett Carroll You Can say that again, this progression is brutal! I Will look to fix all' the points you mentioned! Thank you!!

Everett Carroll

Consider a blur of these two progressions for a while. Do as many good sets of the full front pull as you can and then do 3-5 sets of negatives afterward, trying to slow the tempo down even further. Essentially, as soon as you can no longer properly perform the full front pull, switch to the eccentrics and go as slow as possible. Again, stop when your form starts to go downhill so that you're never training improper positions. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo
34 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

Consider a blur of these two progressions for a while. Do as many good sets of the full front pull as you can and then do 3-5 sets of negatives afterward, trying to slow the tempo down even further. Essentially, as soon as you can no longer properly perform the full front pull, switch to the eccentrics and go as slow as possible. Again, stop when your form starts to go downhill so that you're never training improper positions. 

I like very much your suggestion! I Will definitely follow your tips;!

Thanks so much for your help @Everett Carroll! I'm going to post a new video sooner or later!