This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE15 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, April 24, 2017 · 6 Replies · 219 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello guys! 

I've been working on negative front pulls: here's a set of 5 reps.

How does it looks?

Any feedback will be appreciated. 

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Alessandro, 2 tips for you:

-when you move back to inverted position kick with the legs, if not you risk to use too much energy

-the negative should be comprised from 4 to 6 seconds for optimal development.

I remember one of my clients who forgot the number of seconds and simply used the standard 10'' hold of negative (as some previous strength elements), well he got the front lever after completing 5x5x10''.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Alessandro, 2 tips for you:

-when you move back to inverted position kick with the legs, if not you risk to use too much energy

-the negative should be comprised from 4 to 6 seconds for optimal development.

I remember one of my clients who forgot the number of seconds and simply used the standard 10'' hold of negative (as some previous strength elements), well he got the front lever after completing 5x5x10''.

As always, beautiful tips, @Alessandro Mainente! 4-6 secs look a very tough goal, but I guess the benefits will be wonderful! Well, I rely on my light bodyweight! :D

Thank you again! 

Alessandro

Alessandro Di Sanzo

@Alessandro Mainente Just a question: since I realized I have some difficulty to build volume work at this step in the 4-6 secs range you suggested at each rep, could It be a good idea to perform such progression firstly in a straddle variation (Just as proposed in the body lever progressions) , and then move to the full version? Or better to keep working on the full One, even at low volume (1-2 reps x sets)? 

Alessandro

 

Alessandro Mainente

Leverage changes for sure if you can perform some reps with an average of 5 seconds of negative you can use the full version.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Guys, here's an update! I tried to follow @Alessandro Mainente advice, that is to descend slower.

Here's a video!

How do it look now? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

 

Alessandro Mainente

This tempo is ok.