Routine question.

Started by fireman, April 10, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,235 Views

fireman

Hi, I am doing an integrated training. Now i think that I am stronger in pulling than pressing.

In pull exercises, i am trainign the oac... but vertical pressing ,specially handstand presses, Hepu/Hspu... it's more difficult for me.

If in pulling, i am training the oac... which HESPU or HSPU variation should i be able to do?

It's a good idea to add an aditional day in the week so as to work Handstand pushups variations? ( And correct the muscle imbalance).

I usually train strength two days a week, so i rotate theese three workouts along the weeks.

Workout A.

Back Lever + XR Inverted Chin-ups.

Planche + XR Dips.

Front Lever + HLL.

Straddle L + Pistols

Workout B.

Back Lever + Front lever rows

Planche + Tuck planche pushups.

Front Lever + RLL.

Straddle L + Single leg archups.

Workout C.

Back Lever + Pull ups.

Planche + HeSPU (negatives).

FrontLever + Windshield wipers.

Straddle L + SLS jumping.

In adition, I train wall extensions, wrist pushups, bridge wall waks, shoulder dislocates, splits, etc.

Thanks you very much.

Neal Winkler

You're one of the few people that "get it" in the very beginning. Nice job on making that program.

It's best to look at posture and dynamic movement assessments, IMO, to see where your muscle imbalances are rather than which exercises you can perform. Every exercise has a familiarity and skill component to it, so it's likely that you are just more familiar with performing pullups than HeSPu/HSPU.

Which front lever variation are you on? Please don't tell me the full lay or I'll kill you.

fireman
trianglechoke7 said:
Which front lever variation are you on? Please don't tell me the full lay or I'll kill you.

Hahahaha NO! I wish!!! I train the front Lever with one leg tucked and one leg extended... In straddle front lever i can't open my hips at all, so i prefer train it in that way.

What do you think about doing "greasing the groove" with Handstand pushups?

GTG require warm up? I read the book, but my english isn't very good, I am not sure.