Hello
I am currently working on the basic strength moves, Planche, FL. I am stagnated at both skills, and believe the reason is i rush through the progressions. I am a bit confused about the number and length of sets, aswell as when to progress. I am under the impression that each wourkout should be split into sets that combined gives 60 seconds of work. Thus we are talking about 1x60sec, 2x30sec, 4x15sec, 5x12sec, 6x10sec.
Now my confusion is when to progress. I have currently tried to progress once i could hold a progression step for 15 seconds. I have however found that this first of all does not work, and second that I think I have misunderstood the book (primary language is danish).
Lets take my current state at the planche as an example. I can hold a frog stand for 60 seconds in 1 rep (I can hold it longer havent tested max). I can hold a tuck planche for 15 seconds (max). The advanced tuck I can hold for 3 seconds max. From my new understanding, my workout should be on the tuck planche in sets 50% of my max, which should be 7-8 seconds. This gives 8 sets of 7 seconds (63 seconds of work). I should working on the tuck planche until i can hold it solidly for 40-60 seconds in one set. If i can hold the next progression (advanced tuck planche) for 15seconds, I should start working on this next progression.
Is that correctly understood ?
Thanks in advance ![]()