This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Humor!

Started by Mark Chin, April 1, 2018 · 28 Replies · 886 Views

Mark Chin

1. Was that 5 sets or 4 sets of hollow body rocks? I distinctly remember 5. Yes. I'm going with that.

2. Alex asked me to post a form check after my last diatribe. But I know it's good enough and I don't need a form check on this one. I shall ignore him.

3. Coach says one of these stretch days a week is all I need. Probably once every two weeks is fine also. Yes.

4. Who says perfect form is important anyway? These people are insane. I'm going to just go up a level. I am having fun, damn it. 

5. Olympic coach? I'm sure that's great, but this trainer in my gym is probably right when he says that skiers are bad for my knees. 

6. That guy with the banana handstands in the gym is just pathetic. Doesn't he know how terrible they are? Okay, I will do some also. Ha. Mine are better. Sort of. I think.

7. If rings were such a bad idea, TRX would not be a thing. I'm going to just start working on my iron cross. Which is the point, anyway. Never mind the nagging pain in my shoulder.

8. If only Coach would release the Hungarian routine, I would show my stuff. For real. Now, if only I could do a proper deck squat.

9. This PE is hard! Maybe nobody will notice if I don't post any form checks for this one and just move on. I mean, nobody really notices, do they? 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Number 1 happened to me! :lol: 

Mark Schoenhard

Workout partner noticed my metronome is set to 65 bpm. I told him the battery is low.

Petra Kmecová

Nr. 2 & nr. 9... LoL :-) 

Everett Carroll

Coach, I've explained before that huge calves run in the family...that's why my Press HS doesn't look like Leo's! :ph34r: @Leo Trinidad

LOL, :D nice @Mark Chin #1 for SURE

Briac Roquet

Number 1 every single workout. That's why I pen & paper. :lol:

Jin Liu

Hahaha!! #6! Except I can’t even do a banana HS. But when I’m ready for a HS I’m gonna be better and I know it! cuz pizzas do fall from the sky sometimes! :D:P 

Antonio Alías Montoya

One more I choose to believe: "This progression feels so hard than next ones must feel pretty easy, right?"

Mark Schoenhard
8 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

One more I choose to believe: "This progression feels so hard than next ones must feel pretty easy, right?"

Can't quite master this one so I'll move up one for a while and that will make me strong enough to return and get mastery.

Benjamin Nutt

I am definitely doing this exactly right.

*Pauses follow-along video for 20 seconds while changing stations*

Yep! Exactly right.

Devon O'Neal

Well, I guess I am not the only one.

Jon Douglas

"If I can do 3 sets perfectly, sets 4 and 5 are a formality. I'm calling it a pass."

"Pretty sure I can make Coach's programming specialised and perfect for me if I combine it with this latest T-Nation article."

"Hmm, my elbows are twingey. Better train that out."

"It's all about efficiency and practice. That's why I'm doing just a few leverage-based strength elements every warmup-- just to keep my awesome skills on simmer until my strength catches up."

 

Jon Douglas

"Nah, I totally earned this tiramisu. I stretched so hard."

Leo Trinidad

2 and 4 for me. I posted for form check here in the GB Forum only once. I got disappointed and never used the forum again. I loved skipping hard elements and I also like going back to the first element. (maybe that cancelled out) haha

Mark Chin
On 4/2/2018 at 6:04 PM, Benjamin Nutt said:

I am definitely doing this exactly right.

*Pauses follow-along video for 20 seconds while changing stations*

Yep! Exactly right.

This.

Thomas Nordman

Touche!

"This PE looks easy (I mean I've done push-ups as long as I can remember). Why even bother. Let's skip it and move right on to the next one (which also looks fairly easy BTW)"

Mark Chin

10. Where are all the new courses we were promised? Rings 2-4, Movement 2-4, the Hungarian, etc? It's been forever!! Humph. Now where was I? Oh yes, SLPE/1, SLS PE/2, RC PE/1....

11. Thanks, forum coach, for taking the time to look at my video and give me feedback. But really what you said was not what I wanted to hear. I shall ignore you. 

12. Wait, the goal of this is not to look like Jake Dalton?  I just want to look good. Enough of this stretching. I am going to go back to curls and flyes. Oh, and tricep cable press-downs. 

13. I have been doing this for like, weeks. Or a week, rather. This program is *so easy*. I am, like, bored. 

14. Pretty sure my form is better than that shirtless kid's. I will take my shirt off too, though, when I Iose another 50 lbs. 

Petra Kmecová

Fun stuff... I have another one:

... I'll just count in my head... That would be just about right... 

Jeffrey Bittner

These are great! This was a good thread to start off the morning, thanks for sharing @Mark Chin!

Jon Douglas
15 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

These are great! This was a good thread to start off the morning, thanks for sharing @Mark Chin!

Bet you've got some great ones Jeff :D

Brian Sparks

I've got one:

"Man this second-to-last set is killer, there's no way I'm completing the last set... maybe I'll just call this my 'deload' week and stop now."

Elias Lehtinen

My clever thinking a long looong time ago in a far faaar away galaxy.

"FLPE2 is basically the same as FLPE1. One rock is equal to static holds second. This is mastered in a month."

Nope! 

Petra Kmecová
9 hours ago, Elias Lehtinen said:

My clever thinking a long looong time ago in a far faaar away galaxy.

"FLPE2 is basically the same as FLPE1. One rock is equal to static holds second. This is mastered in a month."

Nope! 

:-)... I'm from that galaxy too. It's sooooo far far away. 

Jon Douglas

"Wow, sure am glad I passed those planche leans! I bet I'll *never* have to come back to focusing on these!"

Mark Chin

15. I am bored of bent hollow body holds. I am going to skip to hollow body rocks. They're pretty much the same. Obviously. 

16. Me: Forum coach: what do you think of this? Alex: Um. Not great. Please post your last 3 iMs. Me: Doh. 

17. Big box gym trainer, in a floor duty shirt: "So, what are you working on today, big guy?" Me: "wall runs, thoracic spine mobility and wrist strength." Trainer: "Ah, yes... Carry on." (wanders off) 

18. Me, stretching near a woman who effortlessly does full pancake and the splits: "That's impressive. Is it yoga or gymnastics that got you there?" She: "Neither. I'm just naturally flexible. Creep." Me: Doh.