I’m a competitive cyclist and love the increased flexibility and strength I’ve gained as I work through Foundation 1. I’m anxious to continue but I don’t want to gain mass. I’m 83kg with under 10% body fat, so I suspect if anything I’ll gain kg’s. What has the general experience been for members as they progress through the Foundation series with regard to gaining excess muscle mass?
GB and muscle mass
Started by Matthew Kramer, March 7, 2018 · 5 Replies · 2,702 Views
Hi Matthew, muss is strongly linked to your diet. if you eat for maintenance you cannot build up mass. this is valid only for obese people.
Thanks for the reply. I should clarify what I was getting at. When I say “mass” I’m referring to muscle mass and bulk from strength training as opposed to weight gain in general.
Hi Matthew, you will certainly gain some muscle weight. That s inevitable. Nevertheless, it won t be as much as in weight lifting and it won t be a huge increase after completing only F1. Of course once you reach the level to progress into serious ring training you will add much more mass. I also want to say it won t happen in a night.
You won't gain much muscle mass, unless you're in a caloric surplus. Like Allesandro said, you can't gain mass if youre eating according to your maintenance level. Such are the laws of thermodynamics.
You probably get stronger, maybe some bodyrecomposition, but you're already a lean individual so thats hard.
Thanks for the replies. Appreciate the insights