I've been doing integrated training since November, pairing exercises and statics/dynamics as Coach recommended in the book. Since February, I've been doing tuck flat FL. I tested myself then and was able to hold it for 11.2 sec. I noticed progress with other statics and dynamics since then, except FL. Tried max yesterday, it was 7 sec. I was shocked. I am training a bit irregularly last 2 weeks due to muscle inflamations I am getting from my KB classes, but I still pull out at least 2 gymnastic sessions a week. Or one like every 4 days. As I said before, regardless of inconsistency of my trainings lately, I am noticing progress with everything except FL. Any idea what could be wrong?
My FL is deteriorating
Started by Adriano Katkic, April 5, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,306 Views
If you are doing a lot of other stuff you may need a rest break.
Shoulder inflammation/pain obviously can hinder strength output..
Otherwise, you may have lost some neural strength because you are not training it as frequently.
Generally, I have 3-4 trainings a week, because I try not to overdo anything.
I got inflammation in my legs due to heavy swinging. Having legs in that state kills my desire to have any form of physical activity. Sorry, wasn't specific enough.
I'd say lost of neural strength due to training infrequently. Still, it confuses me because my planche and back lever, for instance, are getting better.
Keep in mind, KB swings and such might exhaust those same muscles you would be working in the FL. Your shoulders might just be too tired to work the FL. Do they feel sore when you work FL after the KB classes. It will depend on the volume and type of KB work you are doing.
No soreness in my shoulders or lats.
Just tried FL 20 minutes ago; managed to hold it for 7 seconds. When I started SSC in February it was 11 sec. My last training day was friday and didn't do anything since then. As I said, my planche and BL are getting better and better. Tried handstand few minutes ago and scored PR. :?