This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Erich Lin's workout Log

Started by Erich Lin, April 3, 2010 · 70 Replies · 5,963 Views

Erich Lin

7/21/2010 (mess around day)

SLS (5 reps each leg alternating) with 25 lb bar 5 3 3

BL straddle 7 6 5

FL straddle 3 2 2.5

1x3 MU

3x5 Natural Leg curls

2x3 RLL-headstand

30 reps of HS wall runs

Straddle L - PB low 10 10 10 10

Manna MSH Bent - 5 5 3 3

2x60 seated toe point stretch

2x30 weighted pike stretch

SKIPPED

3x10 hip extensions (straight, side, around , 1 set each)

Erich Lin

7/22/2010

was pretty sore and weak today as can be seen by my numbers

HS: 13 seconds

PL (Advanced Frog stand): 15 13 15 15 14 14 15 9

FL (Flat tuck): 8 15 15 15 15 15 15 15

BL (flat tuck): 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15

1 rounds of

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

SKIPPED

XR Bulgarian Pushups:

FL Row Tuck:

Erich Lin

7/26/2010

HS: 13 seconds

PL (Advanced Frog stand): 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15

FL (Flat tuck): 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15

BL (flat tuck): 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15

XR Bulgarian Pushups: 5 5 5 5 4

FL Row Tuck: 5 (Switch to Flat tuck) 5 4 3 2

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Lsit (Fx) 24, 13, 12

Erich Lin

8/1/2010

HS: 13 seconds

PL (Advanced Frog stand): 15 15 15 15 15 15 14 15

FL (Flat tuck): 15 15 15 15 15 15 15 15

BL (flat tuck): 15 German hang 15 15 15 15 15 15

HeSPU: 3 3 2 2 2

Pullups - Wide grip behind: 4 4 4 4 3

1 rounds of

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Erich Lin

8/3/2010 (mess around day)

SLS (5 reps each leg alternating) with 35 lb bar 5 4 4

BL straddle 8 8 7

FL straddle 3 3 2

1x3 MU

3x5 Natural Leg curls

2x3 RLL-headstand

30 reps of HS wall runs

L sit 15 15 10 6

2x30 weighted pike stretch

10 hip extensions straight

10 hip extensions side

5 hip extensions round

Erich Lin

8/6/2010

HS 27

PL (Advanced Frog stand) 25

Front Lever (Flat tuck) 25

Back Lever (Flat tuck) 31

Lsit FX 18

Straddle L (PB-bent) 30

XR Bulgarian Pushups: 5 5 4 3 3

FL Rows (flat Tuck): 2 2 2 2 2

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Today, I decided to test my static holds max. I'm pretty sure my Lsit FX should be drastically higher, but I'll settle for lower in the meantime. Also, I decided to go all the way to the extent of my flexibility for pushups. This made it much harder and is why my numbers are lower. FL rows was too easy for 2 reps across the board. I'll step that up considerably for next time.

I'm looking to change my statics exercises to be 4 rounds of:

HS 15 15 15 15

PL (Advanced Frog stand) 15 15 15 15

Front Lever (Flat tuck) 15 15 15 15

Back Lever (Flat tuck) 15 15 15 15

Lsit FX 10 10 10 10

Straddle L (PB-bent) 15 15 15 15

Erich Lin

8/9/2010

HS 15 15 15 15

PL(Advanced frog) 15 15 15 15

FL (Flat tuck) 15 15 15 15

BL (Flat tuck) 15 15 15 15

LS (FX) 10 10 10 10(last 10 seconds was rough)

SL (FX- bent) 15 15 15 15

Dips-XR: 5 4 2 2 2

Chin-ups - Inverted: 5 5 5 5 5

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Erich Lin

8/11

HS 16 16 16 16

PL(Advanced frog) 16 16 16 16

FL (Flat tuck) 16 16 16 16

BL (Flat tuck) 16 16 16 16

LS (FX) 10 10 10 10

SL (FX- bent) 16 16 16 16

HeSPU 3 3 3 3 3

Pullups - Wide grip behind 5 5 4 4 4

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

I'm getting much stronger now and I can feel it. This is the longest stretch that I have worked out. Also, I am feeling more flexible!

Erich Lin

8/19/2010 (mess around day)

SLS (5 reps each leg alternating) with 35 lb bar front Racked 5 (5,4.5) 4

V-ups (tuck) 5 5 5

Natural Leg curls 5 5 5

HLL -half 5 5 5

RLL-wall handstand 5 (2, 1 tuck, 1 straddle) 2.5 (straddle)

Obliques (Windshield wipers - supine) 5 5 5

2x30 weighted pike stretch

10 hip extensions straight

10 hip extensions side

5 hip extensions round

Erich Lin

8/21

HS 17 17 17 17

PL(Advanced frog) 17 17 17 17

FL (Flat tuck) 17 17 17 17

BL (Flat tuck) 17 17 17 17

LS (FX) 11 11 11 11

SL (PB bar - bent) 17 17 17 17

XR Bulgarian Pushups: 4 4 3 3 3

FL Rows (flat Tuck): 3 3 3 2 2

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Tarun Suri

You're doing this just as I theoretically was planning my workouts before I decided to hit the WoDs. I'm looking forward to reading your progressions.

Erich Lin

I always get lazy after a few workouts but this is the longest stretch I've been on so far (almost a month). I'll keep this updated for every workout I do.

Erich Lin

I went to a 24 hour gym that apparently had rings just to teach a friend some gymnastic exercises. I did some quick strength tests of my own to see where I was at. I didn't max out but instead put in about 80% effort to recover enough for working out tomorrow.

Front Lever Straddle - about 3-4 seconds

Back lever FULL LAY about 3 seconds

Musle-ups - strict - 5 reps

Razz

That's quite strong!

Erich Lin

Thanks Raz! Although i'm sure you are stronger!

Erich Lin

8/23

HS 18 18 18 18

PL(Advanced frog) 18 18 18 18

FL (Flat tuck) 18 18 18 18

BL (Flat tuck) 18 18 18 18

LS (FX) 12 12 12 12

SL (PB bar - bent) 18 18 18 18

Dips-XR: 3 Korean dips (1,1,1) 4 5 3

Chin-ups - Inverted: 5 5 5 5 5

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

I wanted to try Korean dips to increase my shoulder flexibility, so i'm going to go off dips-XR. Also I'm doing it with bent knees for now to make it easier for me since my flexibility really hurts me coming up.

For handstands on wall, I started focusing more on hollow body and forcing myself to stretch my shoulders.

For SL, forcing yourself to spread your legs out more seems to work your hip flexors more.

For FL , I forced myself to keep my shoulder blades retracted.

For bridge wall walks, I focused on pushing hard against the wall so to force my chest towards wall and stretch the shoulders more and the lower back less

Erich Lin

8/25

HS 19 19 19 19

PL(Advanced frog) 19 19 19 19

FL (Flat tuck) 19 19 19 19

BL (Flat tuck) 19 19 19 19

LS (FX) 13 13 13 13

SL (PB bar - bent) 19 19 19 19

HeSPU 4 3 3 3 3

Pullups - Wide grip behind 5 5 5 5 5(had to pull hard on that last one)

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Erich Lin

Today I went to a gymnastics gym. Tried some tumbling, which I am horrible at. Tried some handstand practice which my shoulder flexibility is still limiting me. Did some quick rings. I tested my Straddle back lever and held it for like a good 12+ seconds and back lever full lay for like 5+ seconds. Front lever straddle for about 5+ seconds. Practiced some cross pulls. Practiced some flat tuck planche to straddle planche.

I also met some guy training there for competes, and he was doing maltese and iron crosses like they were nothing. That was pretty inspiring!

Erich Lin

8/29/2010 (mess around day)

SLS (5 reps each leg alternating) with 35 lb bar front Racked 5 5 (fell 2 times) 5

V-ups (tuck) 10 10 10

Natural Leg curls 5 5 5

HLL -half 5 5 5

RLL-headstand 3 3 3

Obliques (Windshield wipers - supine) 5 5 5

2x30 weighted pike stretch

10 hip extensions straight

10 hip extensions side

5 hip extensions round

V-ups (tuck ) were pretty simple. I might try straddle next with bent legs since my flexbility limits me. HLL-half was pretty simple so I might try with weight since my flexibility limits me going beyond this progression. RLL headstand was much harder when you point your toes. I did windshield wipers near a wall to make sure I was staying in the right plane. I almost have a full natural leg curl

Erich Lin

9/8

HS 20 20 20 20

PL(Advanced frog) 20 20 20 20

FL (Flat tuck) 20 20 20 20

BL (Flat tuck) 20 20 20 20

LS (FX) 14 14 14 14

SL (PB bar - bent) 19 20 20 20

XR Bulgarian Pushups: 4 4 4 4 4

FL Rows (flat Tuck): 3 3 3 3 3

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Erich Lin

9/16

HS 21 21 21 21

PL(Advanced frog) 21 21 21 21

FL (Flat tuck) 21 21 21 21

BL (Flat tuck) 21 21 21 21

LS (FX) 15 15 15 15

SL (PB bar - bent) 21 21 21 21

Dips-PB Russian 5 5 5 5 5

Chin-ups - Inverted: 5 5 5 5 5

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Erich Lin

9/18

HS 22 22 22 22

PL(Advanced frog) 22 22 22 22(2 touches on floor)

FL (Flat tuck) 22 22 22 22

BL (Flat tuck) 22 22 22 22

LS (FX) 16 16 16 16

SL (PB bar - bent) 22 22 22 22

HeSPU (stomach to wall, chin to floor) 4 4 3 3 3

Pullups - Wide grip (2-3 x width) (tuck L) 5 5 4 4 4

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Erich Lin

9/20/2010 (mess around day)

SLS (5 reps each leg alternating) with 35 lb bar front Racked 5 (f1) 5(f2) 5

Lsit - low to L 5 5 5

Natural Leg curls 5 5 5

HLL - L to tuck V 5 5 5

RLL-headstand 4 3 3 (f1)

Obliques (Windshield wipers - supine) 5 5 5

2x30 weighted pike stretch

10 hip extensions straight

10 hip extensions side

5 hip extensions round

Erich Lin

9/22/2010

HS 23 23 23 23

PL(Advanced frog) 23 23 23 23

FL (Flat tuck) 24 23 23 23

BL (Flat tuck) 23 23 23 23

LS (FX) 17 17 17 17

SL (PB bar - bent) 22 23 23 23

XR Bulgarian Pushups: 5 4 4 3 (>180 dipping body 2 feet+ below parallel) 3

FL Rows (flat Tuck): 3(tried going to belly fail) 3(n) 5(n) 3(belly fail) 4 (XR-hands to hip using round tuck)

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

I'm playing around with pushups and rows. Pushups are way harder dipping really low. Rows are harder trying to get your belly to stomach...

also played around with tuck planche. held it for like a good 17-20 seconds with a mirror next to me to see that my hips were level with shoulder. Did another tuck planche but decided to try flat back, and was able to hold it for 5 seconds ish after i realized you had to lean forward more (before that I was just falling). This is just playing around.... I wonder if i can do more.

Erich Lin

9/30

HS 24 24 24 24

PL(Advanced frog) 24 24 24 24

FL (Flat tuck) 24 24 24 24

BL (Flat tuck) 24 24 24 24

LS (FX) 18 18 18 18

SL (PB bar - bent) 24 24 24 24

Dips-PB Russian Lsit 5 4 3 2.5 2

Chin-ups - Inverted: 5 5 5 5 5

10 wall extensions

10 wrist pushups

5 Bridge wall walks

Wow Dips-PB Russian Lsit are really hard! I would argue they are harder than ring dips! Admittedly I was doing them on two treadmills connected to each other since I don't have a dipping station but still!