Realistic goal setting for a beginner

Started by Karl D'Souza, February 10, 2018 · 1 Replies · 1,668 Views

Karl D'Souza

Hi. I am just starting out with GB training online and would like some advice from someone who has been through the GB program (Fundamentals, F1, F2, H1, H2 etc.)

I love setting goals and working towards them (helps to keep me focused and motivated). 

Hence I’d like to get an idea of the sort of timeframe it would take me to master the fundamental GB skills? Assume I’ve just gotten into bodyweight training over the last few months, so have little/no ‘formal’ training.

Of course, I realise you can’t say with certainty how it it’ll take (clearly it will be different for different people). So, if you could provide me with a conservative and an ambitious estimate, it will help me get a sort of range, which will help me get a better idea about the amount of time it will take.

Thanks,

Karl

Nick Murray

Please read this thread, it will give you some perspective.

You've answered your own question in the last paragraph. There are too many variables to consider:

  • age,
  • background,
  • natural soft tissue flexibility,
  • attitude,
  • resilience,
  • diet,
  • mindset and
  • ability to train consistently, including allowing time for recovery, family & other obligations, and sleep.