Sprinter's Gymnastic Routine??

Started by Bob Sanders, March 29, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,478 Views

Bob Sanders

Hi. I just got back from practice today. I was planning to lift afterward but I couldn't. We have a weightroom at our school but me and some friends would usually break though it in the back. The front is usually chained. Basically I don't wanna get in trouble and get the coaches mad so I can't go to the weightroom any more. I was thinking of making gymnastic as my strength training routine AGAIN. I had a good routine but I always get demotivated and never finished the Cycle.

Now we are in-season for track. I want to maintain and even build some more strength. Since I can't lift I don't want to loose my strength so I want to use bodyweight to advantage.

But I need some advice on how to put a strength workout split that can help me sprint faster on the track and reduce my time.

PLEASE YOUR ADVICE WOULD BE WELL APPRECIATED! THANK YOU.

Neal Winkler

If you want to run as fast as possible you need to load the barbell up.

Bob Sanders

I know. But that's the problem. I can't get into the weight room. I want Gymnastic Strength Training™ instead.

braindx

If you're on a school athletic team you should be able to ask them to allow you access to the weight room....

There's no good bodyweight alternative to weights, especially for sprinting.

terpol

If you can add some weight to an SLS or Idos Shrimp exercise then they are imo are good alternative. I don't know how to compare weight moved in bilateral and unilateral exercises but I can do a Shrimp with a 70lb concrete block which seems pretty decent.