Static position Times

Started by pauley, March 29, 2010 · 29 Replies · 8,668 Views

Crimsoncross
heinrich said:
Hmm... rings turned out seems really hard. All I could find was neutral:

stop at 0:12

and for example this one:

Work the L-Sit and post your own picture :D

I'm currently rehabbing several parts in my body but once I'm fine I'll work the L-Sit, too (according to braindx advice in his article on BWE). It might take some time but I'll post my picture :twisted:

Of all the videos I've seen I've never seen a gymnast doing an L-sit with the rings turned out, only neutral. Gregor there is neutral and the kid with the goggles in the video you posted was neutral too.

braindx

You want to eventually work to palms all the way forward or about 45 deg for that.

Basically, angle the front of the ring 45 degeres forward and out or farther out in line with your body.

Crimsoncross
braindx said:
You want to eventually work to palms all the way forward or about 45 deg for that.

Basically, angle the front of the ring 45 degeres forward and out or farther out in line with your body.

Could you show a picture of someone doing it?

Blairbob

I was able to turn the rings out on L-sit last night but my legs were not horizontal. This either is a lack of pushing out my hips or the fact that I do not have great active flexibility.

It also was the very end of the workout. I'll have to try when I'm fresh and I will start from a tuck and extend out and see if I can make horizontal.

I'll also try to play with rings neutral vs turned out and see if I can do either. Writing it down now.

Crimsoncross
Blairbob said:
I was able to turn the rings out on L-sit last night but my legs were not horizontal. This either is a lack of pushing out my hips or the fact that I do not have great active flexibility.

It also was the very end of the workout. I'll have to try when I'm fresh and I will start from a tuck and extend out and see if I can make horizontal.

I'll also try to play with rings neutral vs turned out and see if I can do either. Writing it down now.

I also tried but I wasn't fresh either. I was close but my legs were not horizontal, they were just a little bit lower.