If I got this right...

Started by Adriano Katkic, March 27, 2010 · 2 Replies · 6,659 Views

Adriano Katkic

Just want to make sure I got it all right.

1. When I start a SSC, I pick exercises and number of sets and reps and just keep doing it exactly the same for the duration of the cycle, right?

2. The fact I barely pull out given number of sets and reps of a particular exercise on the beginning, but become more proficient (easier to do, better form etc.) with it later as I continue with the cycle is ok?

3. Concerning the integrated training, Coach says in the book that statics SSC should be put aside in favor of dynamics SSC. Does that mean I am supposed to do 1 "rep" of any static (half of max time) before appropriate dynamic exercise? I've been doing that, but just read on some other topic that I shouldn't be progressing onto harder variation of static exercise before I am able to hold a static hold for around 90 sec divided in 3-4 sets. What the hell???

4. During a routine, I do a pull, wait 2 minutes and then I do a push. Core and leg also. With appropriate static right before. Should I wait 3-5 minutes? Or stop alternating and just wait 3-5 between sets?

Adriano Katkic

Any advice on point 3?

How to dose statics in integrated training?

braindx

1. Yes

2. Yes, that is what is supposed to occur.

3. Once you can hold the next static for about 5-10s I would switch it up to the harder one as long as your connective tissues are fine to handle the additional stress. On the concept of dynamics they supplement the static work, and if can be sufficiently performed at one level may help you transition on to the next static movement.

4. That's fine. You can alternate statics like planche/front lever and rest 2 mins. In general, if you do all push then all pull you'll want to wait the 3-5 minutes...