I am 31 and have been doing CrossFit for the last 6+ years. Over these past 6 years, I have really loved CrossFit and had much success with it. Each year, I found a way to set new goals and work towards, from local competitions to olympic weightlifting to my latest achievement - SEALFIT's Kokoro Camp.
That brings me to today, two weeks post Kokoro Camp, thinking about my next goal. I have had a strong interest in GST from a mobility, strength, and longevity perspective for some time. My mobility has been abysmal my entire life. My strength gains in CrossFit have been great, but I still struggle to have a static handstand (something I have longed for, but honestly not put a ton of consistent work into). Lastly, CrossFit has come with bumps and bruises along the way, with many visits to Chiropractors and PT's, so longevity in programming is a plus from a consistency and health standpoint.
I am a software engineer, so I spend long hours sitting. I work from home, so I am able to take frequent breaks, change positions often (standing, for example), and sneak in the daily workout. I am looking to commit the next 12 months to this journey and see where it takes me. I do not have a specific goal, since I know progress can sometimes be slow. I would love to have a static handstand, increase my hamstring and quad mobility to a non embarrassing level, and keep my current level of fitness. As the weeks go on, I may also have a better understanding of which goals make sense for 6-12 months out and adjust this.
I am currently doing the Foundation One, Handstand One, and Stretch Series. I also do a little bit of swimming and running on the side, but this is 1-3 days per week at the current moment. Look forward to the journey and trusting the process. If anyone has any advice at all, I am all ears!