Hi everybody,
I’ve been doing these for week or two, so I’ve better get checked in the early stages.
What do you coaches think?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Petra Kmecová, October 27, 2017 · 30 Replies · 411 Views
Hi everybody,
I’ve been doing these for week or two, so I’ve better get checked in the early stages.
What do you coaches think?
Hey Petra,
You're doing a good job. On your hollow rocks you are picking up some movement in the hips. Work on keeping your hip angle at a constant 45 degrees. Good work on your iM as well. As you hold, try to hit a stronger PPT.
Thanks,
any additional tips how to manage to not to move my hips? .... ;-)
I remastered PE1 for last 3 months, implementing your tips to correct my hips and knees angle and having feet just off the ground, and I feel “comfortable” holding it for 5*60s.
But when I start to rock, I seem to lose some of the tension in my hips and legs ... :-(. I’m not sure how to initiate the rock.
Thanks, Petra
With the usual caveat of me being a beginner rather than a coach, I think that your back is not sufficiently rounded which makes it harder to roll. The back roundness should be more like in TB SE18 or forward/backward rolls. Once you have that, you can get momentum for the first rep by simply rolling backwards from a seated position and carry on from there.
Hi Petra,
I agree with Guido here and would also suggest that you do your Cat-Cow mobility everyday and keep refining it. ![]()
Thank guys @Guido Franchetti and @Leo Trinidad.
I actually am doing cat cow everyday, sometimes more than once :-) ... feels so goood.
Hi everybody,
what do you think about these? This is my 4th and 5th set of todays session. I’m squeezing like crazy, trying to prevent moving in hips and knees. Although I think it’s better than last time, I’m not sure it’s there yet ... I regressed to 5*12r to get the form right ... but I continue rocking and do 18r on 3-4th set ... if I feel like.
Thanks
Hey Petra,
Nice work on our iM. Your PE is getting there! As you get tired the hips start to close which is why you are picking up some more bumping on your last set. Keep working at it, you're headed in the right direction!
Thank you @Jeffrey Bittner. I’ll keep working on it!
You can try doing PE1 for 10seconds, then do PE2 10 reps, then do PE1 for 10seconds, then PE2 10 reps. That helped me get the right amount of tension necessary for a smooth rock.
@Valerie Morwood thanks! Nice advice! Right now, I’m doing 3 sets of 30sec hold as a warm up for this element, but I can give your advice a go and try to mix thing up a bit.
Hi @Petra Kmecová,
Yes, I agree with Valerie, always make sure to warmup properly as it will help you with your current progression. Never neglect the progressions that you have mastered. Refining the previous progressions is the key for a smooth progress.
24 minutes ago, Leo Trinidad said:Hi @Petra Kmecová,
Yes, I agree with Valerie, always make sure to warmup properly as it will help you with your current progression. Never neglect the progressions that you have mastered. Refining the previous progressions is the key for a smooth progress.
Thanks Leo.
I am warming up with 3 sets of 30 sec holds / superset with cat-cow. 30 sec feels OK, it does not feel like “working out” but it “wakes up” my core nicely. Is this ok, or do you recommend longer holds?
Yes that would be enough. ![]()
Here with an updated formcheck.
I’ve kept reps low on this one for quite some time to really work on my form.
How does it look? Can I start building some volume maintaing (and refining) this form?
thanks in advance :-)
Any pointers please ... I worked hard on keeping the legs still in hips and in knees ... Is this OK?
Thanks :-)
Hi @Petra Kmecová,
Yes you can focus refining that form and start building some volume. I would suggest that you lift your upper back a tad higher. (keeping the previous PE as a warmup will definitely help along with its iM)
Thanks for you time @Leo Trinidad ... reviewing my videos, appreciate your help!
What a struggle this is for me.
How does it look? Any tips about my form?
Thanks in advance ;-)
Petra!
So close to mastery. Do you see how your knees are bouncing back and creating a little bit of the momentum? You want to shoot for keeping your body as tight as possible and generating all the rock from those killer abs. So close my friend so close.
- squeeze your knees together, heels together and rock on!
Thanks @Tanya Hill.
I sure see those bouncing knees (I can feel them bouncing in thise last reps) and it has been cca 2 month of me trying not to bounce them :-D ... this is gonna be loooong long long progressio.
Just image how strong your abs will be once you get to mastery!!!
24 minutes ago, Tanya Hill said:Just image how strong your abs will be once you get to mastery!!!
That's trueI It took many many months of, I suppose, latent progress but my abs have got much stronger. In fact at least for me the rocks are much harder than the holds and, while I still haven't mastered PE2 I could probably master PE3 right now.
4 minutes ago, Guido Franchetti said:That's trueI It took many many months of, I suppose, latent progress but my abs have got much stronger. In fact at least for me the rocks are much harder than the holds and, while I still haven't mastered PE2 I could probably master PE3 right now.
I second this one, rocking is much more harder!
On 13. 1. 2018 at 7:12 PM, Guido Franchetti said:That's trueI It took many many months of, I suppose, latent progress but my abs have got much stronger. In fact at least for me the rocks are much harder than the holds and, while I still haven't mastered PE2 I could probably master PE3 right now.
Same here! ... :-)