This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Amebix138's Log

Started by Amebix138, March 22, 2010 · 26 Replies · 1,565 Views

Amebix138

Current schedule is M/Tu/Th/F. Mondays and thursdays are:

HeSPU 3x5 @ 6"

Frogstand 3x20s

Dips 6/5/4

Weighted planks 52.5#x2x1:00

Back extensions 30#x3x10

Tuesdays and Fridays are:

advanced tuck front lever negatives x6

Inverted curls 2x5

Half GHR 2x5

Single leg squat negative 7.5#x3x5 - 5/4/4/4/4 3/3/3/2/2 3/3/3/3/3 L 4/4/3/3/3 3/3/3/3/3 3/3/3/3/3 R.

CoC Sport gripper 50/30/19L 55/40 R

Rice bucket closed fist rotation 2x50

Pull ups 1x7 done everyday as outlined in the dragondoor "How to Max the USMC Pullup Test" article. Ill try to increase a rep every 2-3 weeks.

I'm steady stating the handstand push ups, and the frogstand, beginning march 29th and ending may 17th.

My current goals are:

5x5 handstand push ups

5 tuck planche push ups

10 dips then moving on to ring dips

60# weighted plank x1:00

45# back extension x10

Straddle front lever

20 pull ups

10 single leg squats each leg

CoC #2 no-set close each hand

Amebix138

Tuesday March 23rd

Half GHR 2x5

SLS negatives 5/4/4/3/3 5/5/5/5/4 4/3/4/3/4 L 5/5/5/5/5 4/4/4/4/4 5/5/5/4/5 R

CoC Sport 62/50/39 R 50/39/27 L

Amebix138

Thursday March 25th

Weighted planks 52.5x2x1:00 - Ready for 55.

Weighted back extensions 30x3x10 - Ready for 35

Dips w/ feet supported - 1x6 1x15 1x10 - Didnt feel it much in my chest but did not hurt my sternum and got my arms pretty fatigued.

Amebix138

Friday March 26th

Half GHR 2x5

SLS negative 5/6/6/5/3 4/4/5/4/4 4/5/5/4/4 L 5/5/5/5/6 6/6/5/4/4 5/6/6/4/5 (i think?) R - Used a metronome so times are pretty exact (thanks to the poster who recommended it).

CoC Sport 66/50/46 R 50/44/36 L

Tuck front lever 1x39seconds - Was going to do a 3x10s for some active recovery but felt pretty fresh so decided to see how long I could hold it.

Starting pull ups a little early, today, so next rep increase will be on April 9th.

Amebix138

Saturday March 27th

Yee-haw, first single leg squat. Left leg is still a no-go.

dXW26k5o_JM

Razz

Congrats! keep it going :D

Amebix138

Monday March 29th

HeSPU 1x5 @ 6", 3x5 @ 5" - 6 was a bit too easy.

Weight planks 55x2x1:00 - Tough.

Back extensions 35x3x10 - Feels good man.

Frogstand 3x20s

Dips 3x3

Saber2

Nice work with the SLS. When I get fatigued I move to the top of a stair and do them from there. I know some might say its cheating but it helps me grind through my required rep range.

Amebix138

Tuesday March 23rd

Advanced tuck front lever negatives x6 - 9(give or take)/7/6/9/4/5 - The 4 second one I had my legs at 90 degrees. That pretty much explains the wide variance in some of the times.

Inverted curl 3x3 - Last time I tried barbell curls I got 95#x3. Ill test again after 4 weeks of these and see if I score any improvement.

Half GHR 2x5 - Super setted these with front levers. I could feel my deadlift increasing.

Single leg squat negative 2x5 - 5/6/5/3/4 5/5/4/4/4 R 4/4/4/3/2 4/4/3/3 L - Weight on heels this time, trying to sit back slightly at the bottom. Had no control in the bottom on L left. Its crazy but my knees look like they go as far over my toes as they would in a low-bar squat (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/Hugmo138/SLS.png)

Sport gripper 65/58 R 50/45 L

Rice bucket closed fist rotation 2x50

Amebix138

Thursday April 1st

HeSPU 3x5 @ 5"

Weighted Plank 55x2x1:00

Back extension 35x3x10

Frogstand 2x20s - Quality felt worse then last workout, couldnt generate as much tension so only did 2 sets.

Dips 3x3

Amebix138

Friday April 2nd

Advanced tuck front lever negatives x6 - 5/6/7/6/6/6 - Legs at 90 degrees this time. Not sure if I should count that last second where im well below parallel and moving fast to a hang. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U81NqgFQz6w

Inverted curl 2x3

Half GHR 2x5

Single leg squat negative 2x5 - 6/5/5/5/6 5/6/5/5/4 5/5/4/4/4 R 4/5/5/5/4 4/4/3/4/3 3/3 L - Felt much more in control on right leg. Left is still terrible, quality was so poor on third set I called it short.

Sport gripper 65/51 R 51/ L - Went backwards a bit there. Gonna switch to the trainer next workout. Skin on pinkie ripped at the start of 2nd set L hand so didn`t continue, too painfull.

Rice bucket closed fist rotation 2x50 - Little bit of strain in the old left distal bicep tendon towards the end of second set.

Amebix138

Monday April 5th

HePSU 3x5 @ 5"

Frogstand 3x20s - Going to do 2x20s on thursdays from now on.

Dips 2x3 - Felt a bit more discomfort in my sternum then usual second set so I stopped there.

Weighted planks 55x2x1:00 - Not even a hint of back-sagging.

Back extensions 40x3x10 - I might start adding reps instead of weight until I get to 45x20.

Amebix138

Tuesday April 6nd

Advanced tuck front lever negatives x6 - 9/7/8/9/9/7 . Warmed up today, did some foam rolling, 5 min on the treadmill and then some dynamic stretching. Seems to have worked! Felt really loose and my negatives were noticabley improved.

Inverted curl 2x3 - The height I got to today: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/ ... edcurl.png

Half GHR 1x5 - only 1 set because I dont want it to interfere with the back extensions, which I'm only now starting to feel in my hamstrings.

SLS 2x5 - 7/7/6/6/5 8/10/6/7/5 R 6/6/5/6/5 8/5/5/4/3 L - I realized on the last set that the reason my times improved so much was because I was spending more time in the upper ranges of motion. Still have little control on my L leg in the bottom. Going to try a concentric on R leg next workout.

CoC trainer 29/17/15 R 14/9/7 L - This explains why I can get so many reps with my R hand on the #1 but so little with my L. Wierd how the sport doesnt have this kind of imbalance. Must be a strength vs endurance thing.

Rice bucket closed fist rotation 2x50 - Starting to need to open my hand for some of the set.

Amebix138

Wednesday April 7th

Single leg calf raise 3x7 L 3x8 R

Amebix138

Thursday April 8th

HePSU 3x5 @ 5" -

Frogstand 2x20s - Forearm splints from working them on parallettes. Mild, im going to see what happens.

Dips 3x3 - Starting to give me that some pain in my clavice I used to get with them.

Weighted planks 55x2x1:00

Back extensions 40x3x10 - Hamstrings felt shitty on first set, fine on second and third, and back felt a

little wierd on 2nd and third set. One more workout at 45#x1x10 and then I'm going to switch to weighted

RLL and start light.

Amebix138

Friday April 9th

Advanced tuck front lever negatives x6 - 7/9/7/8/8/7 - Gains are not coming very fast, can still only hold myself at horizontal for 2 seconds max.

Reverse ez-curl 15x1x50 35x4x10

Two-hand dumbell swings 40# 1x50 1x40 - Holy mackeral, those are tough. Tried to do 2x50 but by rep 40 on the second set I was smoked.

SLS negative L leg 3x5 - 4/5/4/4/4 3/4/3/3/4 3/4/3/3/3 - Times are crappier because I sped (sp?) into the bottom to save energy for that position. Defintely felt like I had more control there, at least on the first 2 sets.

SLS concentric R leg 4/4/4 - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baOor7cE1v0) Wow, 4. Cant believe I cant do 1 on my L leg. Once I get to 10 I'm going to do them sans bounce. I did 3 without bouncing on the third set and actually it wasnt that much harder, but still probably better practice. Can I make my goal of 10 by the end of may? We shall see.

Rice bucket closed fist rotation 2x50

CoC trainer 32/20 R 16/10 L

SL calf raise 3x9 L 3x11 R

-------------------

Pull ups now at 1x8. Next rep increase on 24th.

Amebix138

Sunday April 11th

SL calf raise 11/10 L 11/9 R

Amebix138

Monday April 12th

HeSPU @ 5" 1x4 2x5 - First set was surprisingly tough, next were alot easier. Probably should have warmed up.

Frogstand 3x20seconds

One arm knee push ups - 3x3 R 2x1 1x2 L

Weighted planks 57.5x2x1:00 - Nothing but sheer grit and determination took my through the last 10 seconds of the second set without my back sagging.

Back extensions 45x1x5 45x3x10 - Wow, that was easy. Hamstrings felt it around the 3rd set, fairly mild discomfort but I dont know if it will get worse. Think I'll still switch to RLL and start light next workout.

CoC trainer 30/20 R 18/14

Rice bucket closed fist rotation 2x50 - Held a medium sized roll of tape in my hand while doing this, really took it up a notch.

Amebix138

Tuesday April 13th

Advanced tuck front lever negatives x8 7/7/8/9/9/8/8/8 - Took a vid and improvement is being made but coming on slow. Going to add FL tuck rows.

Reverse ez-curl 37.5x4x10

Two-hand dumbell swings 40# 1x50 60# 3x20

One hand dumbell snatch 40# 1x10 L 2x10 R - I dont think my spine appreciates these.

SLS concentric L leg 1 - Have to do these with a bounce.

SLS eccentric 6/5/5/5 3/4/4/4/3 - Couldn't do a concentric on second set.

SLS concentric R leg 5/2/2 - Second and third set done without a bounce. Starting early.

Amebix138

Wednesday April 14th

SL calf raise 12/12/10 L 13/13/11 R

Amebix138

Thursday April 15th

HeSPU @ 5" 3x5 - Still not really getting any easier..

Frogstand 2x20seconds - Did rice bucket work before frogstand, felt much better.

One arm knee push ups - 2x3 1x5 R 2x1 1x3

Weighted planks 57.5x2x1:00

weighted RLL 10x3x10 - Might as well have not been using any weight, which is cool. Still got a little bit of pain that went away if I stayed tensed and tight.

CoC trainer 27 R 17 - Huh? Two workouts now where I've lost reps. I guess Im over-reaching? Anyway I'm going to take some rest and then switch to a program called KTA.

Rice bucket closed fist rotation 2x50

Amebix138

Friday April 16th

Advanced tuck front lever negatives x2 - 8/10 - Still no progress. I'm going to switch to just the rows.

Tuck front lever rows 5x3 - Not as easy as I thought they would be.

Reverse ez-curl 40x4x10

Two-hand kettlebell swings 60# 3x20 - Recieved my kettlestack in the mail.

SLS eccentric 2x5 5/5/5/5/5 5/4/5/4/5

SLS concentric R Leg 2/1/2 - My form is getting kind of shoddy on some of these reps. Going to go back to doing eccentrics until I felt more comfortable with the movement.

SL calf raise 11/14 L 11/13 R

Amebix138

Monday April 19th

HeSPU @ 5" 3x5 - I think it might have been a bit easier. I might have to make jumps smaller then an inch.

One arm knee push ups 2x5 1x6 R 3x3 L

Weighted planks 57.5x2x1:00 - The plates got all messed up in the backpack during the second set so I had to stop and reset, and then some still slid up onto my upper back in the middle. I added time because of the reset, should come out to near 2x1:00. Once I hit 60#x1:00 I'm switching to ab rollouts. I tried a few, just 3 on my knees and the next day my abs were sore for the first time in a long time.

weighted RLL 15x3x10 - A little fatigue this time but the weight still went up damned easy.

CoC #1 4 singles with 5 second overcrush each hand - 2 during dedicated workout time and 2 later in the day. Easing my self into KTA program. I'll start doing this every other day then work to every day then start KTA.

Rice bucket fist-around-object rotation 2x50

Amebix138

Tuesday April 20th

Tuck front lever rows 3x4 2x3 - Wasnt completely horizontal on all the reps. Hips just slightly under horizontal can make a big difference it seems. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3eiIY38u08

Reverse ez-curl 42.5x4x10 - sans stretch reflex

Two-hand kettlebell swings 60# 4x20 - Did an extra set today to be on the safe side. Moving up 2.5# next workout.

SLS eccentric 3x5 8/8/6/6/6 5/5/4/4/4 5/6/6/5/5 R 6/5/5/5/5 5/4/4/5/4 4/3/3/3/3

-----------------------------------------

Got this bad boy in the mail today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc_i9SH2ZHk. Awesome.

Amebix138

Wednesday April 21st

CoC #1 5 singles with 5 second overcrush each hand followed by 1x9 with R hand and 1x2 + 2 more attempts that didn't completely close with L hand

SL calf raise 14/14/14 L 15/15/15 R

-------------------------

I tried hanging from a bar with just one hand, I used to not be able to do that for a full second but can now hold on for a little bit, which is great.