Animal movements and Daily Limber, AKA "not another warm-up topic"

Started by Benjamin Nutt, October 18, 2017 · 3 Replies · 2,364 Views

Benjamin Nutt

Hi all,

Wanted to ask a question RE: warming up. I've been warming up using the Daily Limber from Fundamentals and the QP Walks from Movement 1. I've been doing the QP movements first, followed by the Daily Limber, but I'm wondering if reversing them and performing the Daily Limber first would provide any benefit...or if it matters at all!

The QP movements serve as a core body temp warm-up, and the Daily Limber serve as a mobility warm-up. I'm just wondering if there's an "ideal" order to them.

Anyone have experience playing around with the order of these? 

Étienne Lajeunesse
2 hours ago, Benjamin Nutt said:

Wanted to ask a question RE: warming up. I've been warming up using the Daily Limber from Fundamentals and the QP Walks from Movement 1. I've been doing the QP movements first, followed by the Daily Limber, but I'm wondering if reversing them and performing the Daily Limber first would provide any benefit...or if it matters at all!

The QP movements serve as a core body temp warm-up, and the Daily Limber serve as a mobility warm-up. I'm just wondering if there's an "ideal" order to them.

Anyone have experience playing around with the order of these? 

Hey Benjamin,

I don't remember the last time I used these two routines in the same warm-up but if I were to only use them in one warm-up, I would definitively do the QP first, then the limbering.  Just don't forget to make the best forms you can since both are still mobility routines.

I would suggest you to add a more cardio oriented exercise before going to them.  It'll be easier for you to keep the forms afterward.  

Hope it helps :)

Benjamin Nutt

@Étienne Lajeunesse, the Animal movements are actually what I’m using for “cardio” right now. It’s getting colder outside, so i haven’t been skipping rope. Maybe I should just suck it up and put on a sweater. ;)

Jon Douglas

Get warm before limber/mobility work. How you're doing is fine though sucking it up may occasionally be called for ;)