This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hbp pe3 pseudo planche push up

Started by Leigh Kettle, October 13, 2017 · 39 Replies · 734 Views

Mark Chin

Well... I can do sets of five but not with the amount of lean you've got, which is where all the strength comes in as  you know. I would guess 3-6 months to mastery. Which will make it a year on this element. Still, I am satisfied as long as there is progress, however small. Generally I can get, you know, one more rep or a tiny bit more lean each time. But Jesus, it's slow. 

Leigh Kettle

Yeah man progress is progress .. believe me I have plenty to work on especially with the mobility elements 

we will get there mate

if you ever need any help mate with it always willing to try and help 

keep grinding 

Leigh Kettle

 

hey @Mikey Cunanan

with regards to your advice last post I recorded this for you to make sure this is what you meant 

not going all the way down and holding protraction for count at the top 

just wanted to make sure all is good as i want to focus on this  for a bit as you suggested 

many thanks as always 

Leigh 

Mikey Cunanan
1 hour ago, Leigh Kettle said:

 

hey @Mikey Cunanan

with regards to your advice last post I recorded this for you to make sure this is what you meant 

not going all the way down and holding protraction for count at the top 

just wanted to make sure all is good as i want to focus on this  for a bit as you suggested 

many thanks as always 

Leigh 

Hey Leigh, 

Lower down as far as you can while still holding at the top. That is a solid way to build your  strength up with these.

So maybe lower until your chest is 3-5 inches from the floor.

Leigh Kettle
6 minutes ago, Mikey Cunanan said:

Hey Leigh, 

Lower down as far as you can while still holding at the top. That is a solid way to build your  strength up with these.

So maybe lower until your chest is 3-5 inches from the floor.

Sorry Mikey for sounding thick but I’m not quite following what you mean . 

To clarify are you wanting me to stay protracted as low as I can go, then return to the top  - I always thought a natural shoulder movement into retraction was acceptable - after reading other posts... as I know this has been asked before . I can’t quite get my head around how we can stay fully protracted as we lower - if this is indeed what you mean 

AlSo that said, which part of my original form check is not correct ?

sorry for questions just want to be sure going forwards 

@Mikey Cunanan

Mikey Cunanan

Leigh,

Let’s take a few steps back. All I was suggesting is to shorten your range of motion a bit so you don’t lose body shape. In your first video, you are going very deep, and as a result you lost some protraction at the top.

This can be alleviated by limiting your range of motion so that you can push up into full protraction. The shoulders will naturally move to a neutral position as you lower. The important part is to protract strongly at the top. 

 

Mark Chin
5 hours ago, Leigh Kettle said:

Yeah man progress is progress .. believe me I have plenty to work on especially with the mobility elements 

we will get there mate

if you ever need any help mate with it always willing to try and help 

keep grinding 

Thanks man. Back at 'cha. 

Leigh Kettle

That great mikey

sorry for sounding thick and I’ll work on what you said for sure 

thanks again 

leigh

Mikey Cunanan
9 hours ago, Leigh Kettle said:

That great mikey

sorry for sounding thick and I’ll work on what you said for sure 

thanks again 

leigh

No apologies needed! I just needed to word it in a better way for you to understand is all. Your display of strength is rather impressive, must I say!

Leigh Kettle

Hey @Mikey Cunanan

how are these looking now ???!!

i took your advice as above for few weeks now and have last night started back on the full push up version 

many thanks for your help

 

Alessandro Mainente

the first 2 reps....all life long! really really really nice!!!

Mikey Cunanan

 Very well executed Leigh! Both the amount of lean and the depth of your push-up look great. 

 Consider this a job well done!

Leigh Kettle

Wow thanks guys . I’m gonna keep at this rep range for a bit to dial it in

Victor Touron

Question on the feet position, the lean seems to be easier to maintain if you keep your feet in the normal push up position but you put your arms directly under your hips. Does that means the upper body doesn't work as hard? 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Exactly what you mean, the goal of the lean is engaging the anterior delt in order to avoid the tendency to fall, if you put the weight on the toes you can play with ankle flexion/extension in order to reduce the work on the shoulders.