Just a basic question, I was just wondering how others handle this minor detail.
I work out alone, I was wondering what is the common method of timing static holds?
Does everyone count to themselves.. Is there a clock available on the wall??
Started by Guest, March 21, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,534 Views
Just a basic question, I was just wondering how others handle this minor detail.
I work out alone, I was wondering what is the common method of timing static holds?
Does everyone count to themselves.. Is there a clock available on the wall??
For a wall HS, I can put a clock on the floor but all the rest are just self count because of being in air on the rings n' all.
For me, a metronome works just fine, just like someone else discovered here:
http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3695
I have yet to find a metronome-app for my mobile phone.
thank you both for your response...
I use a gymboss timer. I set the first cycle to 5 seconds and the second cycle to the length of my hold. I set it on vibrate and can hear it even if I cannot see the number.
one...mississippi...two...mississippi...
works for me ![]()
You need Interval timer.
Gymboss timer is excellent product, or consider software,
http://rosstraining.com/blog/2008/07/07 ... val-timer/
or
http://tabata.sperker.de/index.php?nav= ... sub=dld_wl
You can set work time and rest time and how many rounds (cycles) you want. Plug in speakers and turn sound on.
Best of luck,