After years of working in an office and not really training I'm looking to get back into shape and increase mobility/reduce pain. I have been doing some body building-type routines lately to try to gain muscle and lose fat but it seems whenever I get consistent I get hurt. I have a herniated L5/S1 disc w/ degeneration that I re-injured in June and through mobility work feels much better but am now dealing with golfers elbow after getting back into the gym so I want to address what seems to be a fundamental issue to me via the GB programs.
My long term goal is to get to 10-12% body fat and really be healthy and mobile enough to be active with my kids. I'm currently 5'9 210# and per an InBody scan around 23% body fat. If I keep hurting myself using other approaches, I know I won't be able to move. Does the Foundation 1, stretch, and Handstand 1 seem like the right program and should I work in some cardio? If I did F1/Stretch/HS1 then what does the general weekly schedule look like with all three programs? I saw M/T/Th/F (or M/W/F) for Fundamentals 1, then would Stretch be Su/W/Sa and where does HS1 fit it?
I gather this has been answered on the forum but haven't been able to find a clear answer. Any thoughts and best ways to go about using the program are greatly appreciated.