Hello,
I'm not really equipped to do most of the hamstring and low back exercises described in the BtGB book. I was going to substitute different deadlift and bridge variations but are there any specific recommendations?
Thanks.
Started by Chris Hansen, March 16, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,604 Views
Hello,
I'm not really equipped to do most of the hamstring and low back exercises described in the BtGB book. I was going to substitute different deadlift and bridge variations but are there any specific recommendations?
Thanks.
Good mornings are another option, but you need weight.
JL said:Good mornings are another option, but you need weight.
Good mornings are a good idea, thanks.
I have free weights and floor space but I don't have a bench or table that will work, a place to anchor my feet, or a training partner.
Good mornings, RDL's, and various glute bridges will work.
Go to this guys youtube page and to find ideas and see what you can do with your set-up. You'll also find some stuff you can do for your hamstrings.
Just be careful about the form issues, and I wouldn't use much weight when starting. I don't even know if it is a good idea to use any more than your 5-6 rep max weight. Olympic lifters have used it as an assistance exercise, and that is the way I view it. Not as something to get brutal with. Better to start too light (20-30 rep max) than injure yourself early. I haven't had any problems using them, but some people have.The Hansenator said:JL said:Good mornings are another option, but you need weight.Good mornings are a good idea, thanks.
I have free weights and floor space but I don't have a bench or table that will work, a place to anchor my feet, or a training partner.
What has worked for me:
Start light- Heck start with the bar to get comfortable, or less.
Use smooth rhythm - Slow smooth on the eccentric. Slow transition, and gently pick up the speed on the concentric.
Don't round the back - Keep it as flat as you can. Stick your butt out to start the eccentric phase. With this technique, I feel the stress primarily in the hamstrings.
Use a mirror - This helps to check your form.