What todo when one side of your body is less mobile?

Started by Adam Rodwell, August 31, 2017 · 6 Replies · 2,134 Views

Adam Rodwell

Hey, when I stretch I have noticed that the right side of my body is a lot tighter than the left side. What is the best way to fix this imbalance? should I  stretch the right side for longer or something?

Thanks.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Alan simply by adding one additional side for the tight side.

Joaquin Malagon

Is it the entire right side of your body? I would recommend going to your physiotherapist or an osteopath to rule out anything else.

Eric HARDOUIN

If your left side is as weaker as your right is tighter, strenghten it too. You'll +/-fix the imbalances + will be able to better stretch the right side with a stronger left (to simplifie the most).  This often relies to postural adjustments impliying many other areas (obliques, vertebral column...), in my experience at least.

 

Eric

Adam Rodwell

 

On 01/09/2017 at 7:14 AM, Joaquin Malagon said:

Is it the entire right side of your body? I would recommend going to your physiotherapist or an osteopath to rule out anything else.

Joaquin, It is the entire right side of my body, I have seen an osteopath before and there were no major issues, just the arch in my right foot is flatter than my left and the right side of my pelvis rotates forward more. 

 

18 hours ago, Eric HARDOUIN said:

If your left side is as weaker as your right is tighter, strenghten it too. You'll +/-fix the imbalances + will be able to better stretch the right side with a stronger left (to simplifie the most).  This often relies to postural adjustments impliying many other areas (obliques, vertebral column...), in my experience at least.

 

Eric

Eric, Thanks for the advice. 

 

On 31/08/2017 at 11:32 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Alan simply by adding one additional side for the tight side.

What do you mean by adding one more side? 

Tanya Hill

Hi Adam, 

I believe Alex was referring to adding additional reps or sets to the tighter side. 

Alessandro Mainente
16 hours ago, Adam Rodwell said:

 

Joaquin, It is the entire right side of my body, I have seen an osteopath before and there were no major issues, just the arch in my right foot is flatter than my left and the right side of my pelvis rotates forward more. 

 

Eric, Thanks for the advice. 

 

What do you mean by adding one more side? 

Sorry, one more SET on the tigth side. And one more strength set on the weak side that usually it is the opposite of the weak one.