How in the world am I supposed to hold this?!?!?! Hahahaha!
Seriously though, what are some recommendations for scaling this? GST is the ultimate humility builder! : ) LOL.
Thanks!
David
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by David Belcher, August 30, 2017 · 6 Replies · 379 Views
How in the world am I supposed to hold this?!?!?! Hahahaha!
Seriously though, what are some recommendations for scaling this? GST is the ultimate humility builder! : ) LOL.
Thanks!
David
1 hour ago, David Belcher said:How in the world am I supposed to hold this?!?!?! Hahahaha!
Seriously though, what are some recommendations for scaling this? GST is the ultimate humility builder! : ) LOL.
Thanks!
David
I thought the same a year and a half ago. Now I'm up to six seconds, eight on a great day.
Wow you've been on this progression for a year and a half!?!
2 hours ago, David Belcher said:Wow you've been on this progression for a year and a half!?!
Made it to SE1 and realized I hadn't mastered PE5-7 with enough lean so went back. Kept working on bent arm straddle in that time. So yes.
It's a tough one. I can consistently hit 9-10 seconds, and alternate between SE1 iM and SE2 iM (Se2 and 3 iMs really challenge your balance, as if the position wasn't challenging enough). Alessandro had some great tips for getting into the position in https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/31065-splse1-from-check/?tab=comments#comment-250206
Hi @David Belcher,
I suggest you master the previous progressions. Make sure to do the form correctly
sPL PE 1-5 and hbp 1-3. If these elements are not easy for you then you need to work on them in order to get your bent arm half straddle planche. Make sure to master the mobility too since you will require strong glutes to be able to hold it. Strong core will definitely make it easier so do not neglect your MN and SL progressions. I hope this helps.
Good deal! Thank you!