This is a question i've been wondering about recently. Is it possible to train your body incorrectly and develop badly using body weight conditioning?
I have several friends that also do alot of body weight conditioning but seem to lack the patients in slowly progressing through skills. They are over zealous and try to go for the full planche or straight body human flag right off the bat. They also dont seem to listen to me when I try to explain the progressive steps needed for both. Is there any risk in this type of training to the body? Will their muscles develop incorrectly from doing this? Or will they simple just not be able to do it?
Another friend of mine has gotten pull ups and muscle ups about as strong as i think someone could get them. He is even good at one arm pull ups. THe thing is his arms are gigantic when compared to the rest of his body. I've seen plenty of other people o multiple one arm pull ups or chins but their build looks rather balanced. I've just always been curious if this is just a function of training or a product of incorrect training.
Thanks for any pointers you all can offer.