This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Instruction

Started by Joshua Becky, August 22, 2017 · 10 Replies · 234 Views

Joshua Becky

Hello,

I'm new to the Handstand One course and was wondering if I'm missing something. All I received was access to silent videos. There is no actual instruction as to what to do, verbal or written. Am I just supposed to copy what the kids in the videos are doing the best I can? I can't even be sure if I'm doing the wrist work correctly. Should my shoulders be pushed forward? Should my whole body be tight while I do them? Where do my hands go in relation to my head during the headstand? It seems incomplete so I wanted to make sure I've gone over everything.  Thanks for your help!

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Joshua, if you notice the private HS one  forum has the "form check" subforum or you can submit a video review from the course page and the forum coaches will help you to fix problems !

Jennifer Marie

I like to use other people's form checks to get different angles on the movements too. Just don't forget to see what the coaches are saying about the form before copying a fellow student, of course.

Joshua Becky

So, I have everything that's provided? I'll just have to fish around for instruction?

Everett Carroll

Hey Joshua,

All of your programming information (workout scheduling, how mastery/progression works, etc.) is all found in the 'Introduction' section of the 'Fitness' tab. 

1. Log into my.gymnasticbodies.com

2. Click 'Fitness' in the top menu bar.

3. Click 'Introduction' 

4. The articles are on the left-hand side of that page. 

You can also sign in to the forum with the same username and password that you use for your course access and read through all of the Handstand One Course threads, post specific questions, form checks, and learn.

You can always reach out to customer support as well: support@gymnasticbodies.com. 

 

Edoardo Gervasi

A honest answer is yes, you'll have to fish around for instruction, not that difficult to find but they really should've added there that Leslie guy too. It's unfinished work.

Chris Umiastowski
On 8/23/2017 at 2:05 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Joshua,

All of your programming information (workout scheduling, how mastery/progression works, etc.) is all found in the 'Introduction' section of the 'Fitness' tab. 

1. Log into my.gymnasticbodies.com

2. Click 'Fitness' in the top menu bar.

3. Click 'Introduction' 

4. The articles are on the left-hand side of that page. 

You can also sign in to the forum with the same username and password that you use for your course access and read through all of the Handstand One Course threads, post specific questions, form checks, and learn.

You can always reach out to customer support as well: support@gymnasticbodies.com. 

 

Guys - this reply from Everett is really important and was TOTALLY NEWS to me.  I can't possibly recommend highly enough that you implement a welcome email to ALL BUYERS of the H1 course to tell them how to access this important information.  I also can't possibly explain how frustrated I was when I bought the course it seemed to be nothing but a bunch of silent videos with zero instruction.  I'm sure it's a great course!  But the user experience is brutal compared to F1, and this really needs to be addressed immediately.

Everett Carroll

We appreciate the feedback, Chris. 

James Strack
On 8/23/2017 at 2:05 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Joshua,

All of your programming information (workout scheduling, how mastery/progression works, etc.) is all found in the 'Introduction' section of the 'Fitness' tab. 

1. Log into my.gymnasticbodies.com

2. Click 'Fitness' in the top menu bar.

3. Click 'Introduction' 

4. The articles are on the left-hand side of that page. 

You can also sign in to the forum with the same username and password that you use for your course access and read through all of the Handstand One Course threads, post specific questions, form checks, and learn.

You can always reach out to customer support as well: support@gymnasticbodies.com. 

 

Where is this now?  Guess. since instructions were added after wrist warm ups now they removed it?  I searched here because I thought video on phone broken cause no Orench leading the exercise class with mobilty right after.

Probably no fitness link because instructions got added I guess.

Matthew Walker
On 8/23/2017 at 12:51 PM, Joshua Becky said:

So, I have everything that's provided? I'll just have to fish around for instruction?

If you are in your handstand workout and click on the video, below it should be focus points and instructions for each exercise. 

tripod.png