Frequently muscle strains

Started by Johan Forsberg, August 12, 2017 · 3 Replies · 1,851 Views

Johan Forsberg

Hi, 

Im desperate for help with my problem. I'm a soccer player at a descent level. Last couple of years I have frequently got injured, and particular muscle strains. I have pulled both my calves(at the exact same place on both sides), my hamstring, and now last week I pulled my quadriceps. It feels like my body is unbalanced and when running its never relaxed, its always something that feels stiff, hurting or uncomfortable.  The muscle strains have often come quite randomly, like in the middle part of training when I'm pretty warm and haven't felt tired. Do anyone have any suggestions on what to do or how to prevent these kind of injuries while fitting it in in my training schedule? 

I'm training 3 times a week and always have one game on the weekend. 

Pauline Taube

Hi Johan,

I am sorry to hear about your injuries. I would strongly recommend to get an assessment from a sports physio or other medical professional. After you've done this you can start addressing your imbalances. 

Coach Sommer

Hi Johan,

Your mobility appears to be significantly insufficient to support your attempted athletic performance.

Your body is out of balance and will continue to get injury after injury until you correct this imbalance.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Benjamin Nutt
7 hours ago, Johan Forsberg said:

Hi, 

Im desperate for help with my problem. I'm a soccer player at a descent level. Last couple of years I have frequently got injured, and particular muscle strains. I have pulled both my calves(at the exact same place on both sides), my hamstring, and now last week I pulled my quadriceps. It feels like my body is unbalanced and when running its never relaxed, its always something that feels stiff, hurting or uncomfortable.  The muscle strains have often come quite randomly, like in the middle part of training when I'm pretty warm and haven't felt tired. Do anyone have any suggestions on what to do or how to prevent these kind of injuries while fitting it in in my training schedule? 

I'm training 3 times a week and always have one game on the weekend. 

What does your training look like currently?