Fundamentals to avoid w/ disc herniation?

Started by Glenn McCroskey, July 23, 2017 · 3 Replies · 2,211 Views

Glenn McCroskey

Just getting started, after about a year of dealing with sciatica due to a ruptured disc. The sciatica isn't gone, but it has dimished, at least to the point I feel like there's light at the end of the tunnel. I've used mostly McKenzie exercises and chiropractic to rehab the injury so far.

That said, are there any particular fundamentals exercises or days I should avoid/put off for the time being?

Alessandro Mainente

HI Gleen, generally speaking, the bodyweight exercises do not lead to excessive spine compression and you should be fine. stated that I still suggest asking your doctor or physio an opinion about bodyweight workout.

Tanya Hill

Hi Glenn, 

I use an inversion table everyday for 10 minutes and it does wonders for my back. I'd ask your phsio about what he thinks. :)

Glenn McCroskey

I'd been debating getting an inversion table but had kind of dismissed the idea. Maybe I need to revisit that.