Questions about BtGB and rings

Started by Chris Hansen, March 8, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,157 Views

Chris Hansen

Hello,

I'm thinking about buying the BtGB book and a set of rings but I have some questions first.

How ring dependent is the book? If you have a pullup bar but no rings can you still get much out of it?

Where does conditionig fit in? Is there room in the program for some running/heavy bag kicking/kettlebell swinging?

How much room do you need to hang the rings? The most likely place for me right now is to hang them from the pullup bar in a corner of the garage. The bar is high enough that I need a short jump to reach it and I can do horizontal rows from straps if I open the side door for my head to stick out of. Is this enough space?

Thanks.

Neal Winkler

There's a lot you can learn from the book that doesn't use rings, but a large portion of the book does use rings.

The book does not mention conditioning, just gymnastics strength. It's up to you to intelligently combine the two.

That's enough room to hang your rings. I have even less and I do fine.

Cole Dano

In the beginning that will be fine. If you start to itch for more leg room you'll figure out ways to get it.

In fact its not all that hard to mount the rings to the ceiling but must be done correctly, so if you get to that point do a little research first.