This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Inbalance left/right (formcheck)

Started by Jonas Berglund, July 18, 2017 · 4 Replies · 72 Views

Jonas Berglund

 

Hi all. Im aware im very tight on both sides, work in progress. 

I do want to start focusing extra on My stiffer side. However, im not sure how to work on this. Is this a Thoratic issue or a shoulder flex/extention issue?

On My worse side i most often feel tight in My upper tricep area on My upper arm. When i filmed it this morning Tho, i felt the most stretch in My lower arm in the shoulder area on both sides.

 

I found a weakness/Inbalance, but how do I work on it? 

Any stretch exercise or Other advice are very welcome. 

Edit: some more info, during Wall press, My left arm cant stay on the Wall, cramping in shoulder area. Likely a shoulder flex Inbalance?

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Jonas,

I just commented on something similar here. In this case, the Thoracic Stretch Course is going to sort out these imbalances so keep cranking away at it. Since beginning this stretch series, I have become far more symmetric and I'm sure you will experience that as well. 

Jonas Berglund

Appreciate it Everett, as always! Calming to hear we are not 100% symetrical naturally. 

In the end of front split series I do one extra set for My right tight(er) ankle. Was thinking if i could do something similar here in the TB-series to adress this problem.  Not sure what exercise should that be.

 Well, ill keep working on the TBseries and see what happens :)

Everett Carroll

Try performing single arm elevated cat stretches for 45-60s per side. Use video (send in the footage as needed) to see if one side is tighter than the other. @Alessandro Mainente recommends this as a daily stretch for those with tight shoulders. 

Alessandro Mainente

As stated before, one arm at time, 30 seconds longer the set of the tightest arm.