Gymnastics Strength Video

Started by DrAlexisOlson, March 4, 2010 · 27 Replies · 7,607 Views

DrAlexisOlson

Forgive me if this comes across as overly self-promotional, but I thought some of you people here might enjoy this video I put together of me and some of my teammates doing some easy, some medium, and some incredibly difficult bodyweight exercises.

1egn6D4T82E

Let me know what you think!

Jeffrey

Awesome vid! One day I will be as good as you and your team mates but for now its good inpiration!

Nick Van Bockxmeer

over promotional???

not with skills like that! awesome strength, really good form for most of it as well (even shaky HSPUs on rings...thats BEAST STRENGTH)

I've often wandered about the bodyweight leg extension, is that something you guys came up with or did someone teach you?

John Sapinoso

interesting leg extension exercise, i don't know that it's a gymnastics functional exercise, but still quiet good.

[=

David Picó García

Wow, those are EXACTLY my goals, no more, no less. Any tips? :P

Great demostration of bodyweight strength.

DrAlexisOlson

Thanks guys!

My upper body strength isn't amazing like some of my teammates (I just did some of the easy stuff like the pike press on floor, the L muscle up, and the flag) so I wanted to include just a bit of leg strength. I don't remember where I learned to do the leg extension exercise, but it's not something I work more than a few times a year just messing around.

There's some footage that I didn't include in order to keep the video from dragging on too long and also some stuff that I still haven't shot (e.g. one arm chins at over 120% bodyweight), so I may put together a sequel if I get around to it.

Razz

SICK!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Blairbob

Cool, that was the first time I have ever seen anybody do free HSPU on rings.

DrAlexisOlson
Blairbob said:
Cool, that was the first time I have ever seen anybody do free HSPU on rings.

Really? I almost didn't put that in 'cause the form wasn't quite perfect. I'm sure he could get a few more reps and a bit less wobbling given a couple of attempts.

Longshanks

That was sickening. You should be very proud.

Alvaro

:shock: :shock: great!

Charles Weill

Very cool. Inspirational. :D

braindx
Blairbob said:
Cool, that was the first time I have ever seen anybody do free HSPU on rings.

seriously man? :shock:

Nice vid btw.

Nic Scheelings

Fantastic Vid! Don't worry bout self promotion, skills like that are meant to be shown and enjoyed :D

I loved the planche pushups the first rep at least was seriously solid.

Keep the vids coming

DrAlexisOlson

Thanks everybody!

I may put together a sequel in the weeks to come. Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions about what skills would be cool to include. What would you like to see?

Razz

Any rings stuff is what I like to see, the swing to straddle planche in the video was amazing.

Felipe

Excellent video, the best on its genre on youtube! (because is the only one about serious strength only!)

For a next video I would like to see:

-cross pullouts

-front lever pullups

-"elevator" :D (inverted pullups on rings)

These are some exercise that I never see being done (not impossible for you guys :mrgreen: ):

-manna to planche to hs for reps

-inverted cross to hs for reps

-nakayama in series

-Maltese pushups on floor

DrAlexisOlson

Great suggestions Felipe. I definitely want to get some cross pullouts and I think I may already have some footage of front lever pull ups. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by inverted pull ups on rings.

I'm not sure about those other exercises. They sound crazy hard.

Joshua Naterman

Yes, and the 'mythical' "elevator" move, where you go from inverted hang through a bodyweight curl, straight to a handstand! That would be AWESOME!!! I haven't seen anyone do one outside of one single old video from the swinging rings.

I had to favorite this video before I leave for the weekend, fantastic work! Thanks for posting it!

Gregor

"The mythical" elevator should not be that hard (I've never tried it though) if you compare it to inverted MU, wich is very easy (to me).

Nice combination to see (my old strength training combination):

1.azarian

2.nakayama

3.pineda

4.pullout to support

DrAlexisOlson

Gregor, do you have a video of you doing the inverted MU? I'd love to see that.

The only one I've ever seen is from that old muscle beach video.

Gregor

No, I don't have. It's like doing bent arm roll back to support and MU together :)

Marcelo Lara

Are these guys humans? I don't believe it!

Leandro

Beast!!

Hope I get that strong someday!

irongymnast

Excellent video. You are all seriously strong.