Stretch Series with a leg cast

Started by Jeff Barletta, June 26, 2017 · 2 Replies · 1,992 Views

Jeff Barletta

I am currently in a leg cast (below the knee) due to an Achilles tendon rupture about 5 weeks ago. This injury is what ended up leading me to gymnasticbodies so I am about 3 weeks into the F1/H1 courses and so far haven't really had any issues performing the exercises while in a cast.

I would love to start the stretch series, however, due to being in a cast, I am worried I won't be able to perform most of the exercises. Are there any of the stretch series in which I would be able to perform most of the exercises? Or would not being able to attempt/perform 100% of the exercises be detrimental to progress due to causing some sort of imbalance in flexibility?

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Jeff, i hope that you can heal fast and soon!

The front split have lot of ankle work but you can still train the other exercises, some of them are not dependent on the ankle extension or flexion, if you can put some weight on the feet you should be able to train all the courses.

Jeff Barletta

Thanks for the quick response, Alessandro.

I am in a walking cast so weight-bearing is no issue. I will be going ahead with the stretch series purchase then.

Thanks again!