This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Pancake form

Started by Leigh Kettle, June 24, 2017 · 37 Replies · 1,235 Views

Alessandro Mainente

That is better now, focus on holding the APT and stretch yourself forward like the belly reaches the floor while the chest stay opened.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Alex as always 

Leigh 

Leigh Kettle

Quick update of my progress with this  

absolutely amazed Im here 

never thought it possible with me 

Grinding  hard 

 

 

 

B58F4C3E-200E-4DF0-8F7A-D01221587E51.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente

Always think about reaching long forward rather than compressing down.

Leigh Kettle

Will do 

Gerrit Wels

Hello Leigh, 

Nice progress, hard work is paying off :). Is this something you practice more than once a week ? 

Regards,

Gerrit

 

Igor Knezevic

amazing progress and very motivating

Leigh Kettle
On 1/11/2019 at 2:07 PM, Gerrit Wels said:

Hello Leigh, 

Nice progress, hard work is paying off :). Is this something you practice more than once a week ? 

Regards,

Gerrit

 

Hey gerrit

i only do the middle split series once a week as advised but I do do some lighter work throughout the week including hip ir/er work this has really started to help me recently 

Leigh Kettle
On 3/2/2019 at 9:27 PM, Igor Knezevic said:

amazing progress and very motivating

Thank you igor 

Leigh Kettle

Just an update - I’ve been away from the forums a bit admittedly when the format changed I was a little confused as to what I needed to do and should be doing - however 

My pancake is still not “Kiera” levels from the follow along but I’m still making progress steadily . I have to be realistic as I get older that things take time but I still love to train this exercise it definitely doesn’t get easier but I am feeling stronger here 
I’m throwing in more hip rotational work now than I ever have - who knew this could be beneficial lol - we never stop learning 

good luck everyone 

 

 

 

 

 

D30DB735-4C0E-40DB-9393-1BE2416AF5D5.jpeg

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/22/2018 at 8:16 PM, Leigh Kettle said:

As I said above,  in my training  I’ve been staying on one block under the instructor of @Alessandro Mainente 

You mentioned Alex to stay on one block until I reach the floor - I’m getting ever closer and feel it getting better each week

I always set myself small achievable goals so hoping soon I’ll be showing you me chest to floor on one block 

A187858F-232F-44F9-A010-3C32B3BF208D.png

EEA4EAA2-B144-43AF-8864-46206A38E70C.png

Very nice. you ar welcome of experimenting also some bent knees work...not too much bent at the knees and focus on pushing the hips backward of APT..

Leigh Kettle
On 3/2/2019 at 9:27 PM, Igor Knezevic said:

amazing progress and very motivating

Thank you igor 

Leigh Kettle
On 5/10/2020 at 10:01 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Very nice. you ar welcome of experimenting also some bent knees work...not too much bent at the knees and focus on pushing the hips backward of APT..

Getting there alessandro ... I can definitely feel things starting to stick with this and middle split so thank you ....

B286998E-CA4F-4D97-A0E3-665C706B500C.jpeg