This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

PE2/PE3 Requested Form Check

Started by Darren Rousar, May 13, 2017 · 5 Replies · 154 Views

Darren Rousar

Here is the form check requested from this forum post.

Here is PE2.
Here is PE3.
Here is my ankle forward mobility.
Here is PE2 & 3>iM.
My guess is that's enough to correctly assess my issue(s).
IMO, I think my problem is relative to a limited ankle ROM.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Darren,

Thanks for sending these in. 

My recommendation is to go back to PE2. Your parallel squat has the proper ROM but it is not quite smooth enough for mastery yet. Instead of holding onto that joist, try extending a light weight out in front of you as you squat down.  

Your ROM in the iM is nearly there. Keep working to increase the height of the leg raises. Also, be sure that your lower leg lift to the same height as your knee. 

Working on these points for a while should really help when you return to PE3.

Another thing that will really help is spending some time throughout the day in your deepest squat position. At first, it may not be comfortable to hold for very long, and don’t push it too hard, but gradually increase the length you can hold your squat. This will give you an extra edge when you return to PE3. 

Keep it up! You're doing great. 

Darren Rousar

Perfect. Thanks Everett.

I'll do as suggested.

Darren Rousar

So I went back to PE2 - and shortly thereafter got sick for over 2 months!

I’m better now and have restarted PE2. In so doing I think I’ve figured out my main issue, that is ankle/hamstring flexibility. It seems that all along the only way I was able to get my thighs parallel to the floor, and keep my heels on the floor,  was by bending too far forward at the hips.

When I try to keep even a little more upright, I fall back.

While I do have the stretch courses, I cannot at this point find the time to incorporate them into my routine without overtraining. But, on my Lower Body workout day, I could add some leg-related stretches to it.

Good idea?

Darren Rousar

This perhaps?

Everett Carroll
18 hours ago, Darren Rousar said:

But, on my Lower Body workout day, I could add some leg-related stretches to it.

Good idea?

Glad you're better, Darren. Two months is a long time! GREAT idea. Use the tips from the blog and do anything else you can from the Front Split Course.