Time for full training?

Started by Mitchell Hargreaves, May 10, 2017 · 3 Replies · 2,228 Views

Mitchell Hargreaves

Hey Folks,

I am looking at starting into GST as a compliment to my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu training. I train pretty heavily in BJJ (amateur competition level - 10 - 15hrs a week) and want to add in a structured mobility and strength development course. I know I have a lot of issues with mobility and I really want to up my strength as well. I feel like this program would be an amazing compliment to my sport requirements.

My question is this:

How much time per week would F1, all 3 stretch series + H1 take up?

 

I know I could work on them individually, but I feel like I really want the benefits of all the courses (I'm not sure if F1 incorporates a fair bit of the leg + torso mobility found in the other courses?).

 

Cheers.

Pauline Taube

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for reaching out. I think GST would be a great addition to your other training!

The length of the Foundation workouts will vary as they increase as you advance in terms of sets and reps. Geneally they take about 20-30 minutes. 

The Stretch series take 45 minutes each.

The Handstand workout will take you about 15minutes.

These courses all complement each other great and are all a part of Coach Sommer's recommended schedule. 

Please let us know if you have other questions :) 

Mitchell Hargreaves

Hi Pauline,

Thanks for the rapid reply.

How often would you be doing each of those workouts per week based on recommended work load etc?

Cheers,

 

Pauline Taube

I recommend to start by doing all the workouts once a week to begin with. Let your body adapt to the new movements and see how you recover. Stick with this schedule at least a month before you consider to add more workouts :)