Hi !
I've started GB 2,5 months ago, and I decided to make it my priority until I reach at least an intermediate level.
But until now, I've been a competitive crossfiter for 6 years, and when I started with GB, I lost a lot of strength and conditioning. So I decided to do something and I came up with this program. I was used to train 5x 2 hours a week before, so the volume is ok for me.
I justed wanted to share this for other newbies of my kind and also to have your opinions ! ![]()
Because coach Sommer says crossfit should be done before the GB program, I decided to combine conditioning, weightlifting and warmup as much as possible to gain time. Also, I chose the Hatch Squat Cycle because it's just 2 days a week. When I do the WODs, I apply the general GB rule "moderation and consistency" rather than the usual high intensity crossfit rule.
Because I believe that GB keeps me fit for most exercises used in CF, I only included the movements I'd risk to regress on: Snatch, Clean and Jerk, heavy squats and double unders. The rest is just about metcon (row, run and assault bike).
I included the stretch series once a week as recommended, but the foundation work twice a week.
I hope this makes a good and reasonable compromise between crossfit and GB ! The goal is to progress as much as possible in gymnastics without dying when I'll go back to the box in a few months
Cheers
Monday:
Warm up (15-20 min): Mobility DROMs for weightlifting, Ido Portal Squat routine 2.0, Weightlifting 101 OHS complex & snatch warm up
GST part 1 (10 min): Lower Body
WOD (15 min): 3 rounds
1 min to complete 5 Squat snatches UB / 1 min row / 1 min to complete 5 squat clean and jerks UB/ 1 min assault bike/ 1 min rest
Start with 40% 1 RM and add weight from week to week if technique is perfect
GST part 2 (45 min): Handstand / Core
Tuesday:
Warm up and WOD (10-15min): 6 rounds of 300 m row /10 burpees /50 DU
Go slow on the first round, then speed up a little more on every round and do the last round on max effort.
GST (20-30 min): Upper body
Stretch Series (45 min): Middle Split
Wednesday:
Warm up and WOD (30 min): Same as Monday
GST (10 min): Lower body
Strength (15-20 min): Hatch Squat Cycle Day 1
Stretch series (45 min): Front split
Thursday:
Warm up and WOD (20-25 min): Run 5K
GST (60 min): Core / Upper body
Friday:
Warm up and WOD (10-15 min): Same as Tuesday
GST (15-20 min): Handstand
Stretch series (45 min): Thoracic Bridge
Saturday:
Warm up and GST (30-40 min): Movement
Strength (15-20 min): Hatch Squat Cycle day 2