Hi Guys,
Was designin my own routine and had come up with something fairly similar to Killroy70's, but with more and now im not sure if im overdoing it. Sure feels like it, I can hardly force myself to complete the routine each day. Guess im a bit of a perfectionist too and don't want to leave anything out, plus I used to do strength trainin workouts with weights before where I was told to squat n work my legs everyday, so I guess it's stuck. Please see my routine below, where I have put "/" means I have paired it with the next excercise, so I am doing both, like supersetting:
- Planche/Front lever progressions, then ring dips/pull ups or FL pull ups.
- L sit/Horse stance (threw that in as a static hold for legs from my martial arts stuff) then ring leg raises/1 leg squats or jumping squats.
- Handstands/Back lever progressions then moving on to handstand pushups against the wall.
So I end up doing 6 static positions, and 5 different excercises every session. Was doing 3 days, want to hit 4 a week.
Was trying to do the statics in steady state cycle, but switched to an alternative method (see below) as it was taking so long and exhausting me. On excercises im aiming for 3x5 on everything, maybe move up to 5x5. I have around 45 secs - 1 minute max rest between everything.
Questions:
1. Should I do ALL the basic strength excercises after the statics, every session? In one place in the BtGB book it seems like Coach is telling you to pick a particular plane of movement or body part and work on that for each day of the week (like killroy), while later it seems as if he was sayin hit all the planes of movement, with a different version of the movement each day.
2. If I do the above programme in the steady state cyle method, it takes me so long, even though im havin only around 45 seconds - 1 minute breaks between all excercies. If I have more, im training for well over an hour, if I have less I feel like dropping dead and don't complete the routine. So, I switched to the version in the original BTGB article, of holdin the position in as many sets for as long as possible until you hit a minute, and just continuing until you can hold the position for a full minute, before moving on to the next progresson. This seemed as more do-able, and not so time consuming in this routine. Is this ok? Is this because i've designed the routine with too much in it? I know I could handle the SSC if I reduced the amount of excercises im doing, but again, im worried about not doing enough on all body parts.
If so, when should I do my legs etc? I read earlier on, do them Tuesday and Thursday if im doing a MTRF schedule or somthing, but what is that?
4. With the right diet, will this programme be enough for fatloss, or do I need to throw in some cardio or hiit training afterwards or on days off?
Sorry for all the questions guys, just really want to get this right, and have been sitting screwing over it for a while, like getfit, and i'd rather be working out then sitting here figuring it out.
Jason