This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Starting Foundation 1

Started by Tobias Karlsson, April 28, 2017 · 64 Replies · 2,010 Views

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Tobias Karlsson,

Mastery should be body horizontal. If you have no choice then you can use that machine with 45 degrees tilt. I used the same equipment at my commercial gym but also did it with body horizontal. :)

Everett Carroll

Great question, Tobias.

Keep your lower parallel to the floor for arch-ups. The position in this last video was great. 

James Hill

hey Tobias, I have the same issue. I was suggested a thick band around the ankle supports to hold my legs which has been working reasonably well. Still not as good as a table with a strap but best option I have found in my globo gym. You can see the setup about 1:25 into the video in the last form check here:

Tobias Karlsson
On 2017-09-08 at 11:15 AM, James Hill said:

hey Tobias, I have the same issue. I was suggested a thick band around the ankle supports to hold my legs which has been working reasonably well. Still not as good as a table with a strap but best option I have found in my globo gym. You can see the setup about 1:25 into the video in the last form check here:

 

Thanks for the advice. I have also tried using the smith machine with some weight on the bar to prevent me from falling on my face. A bit of a hassle, but very stable

Tobias Karlsson

The workouts are going along quite well. I feel like I am getting stronger and slowly progressing in most workouts. However, I got valuable lesion that it is important to constantly check the form. Here is a video of my pseudo-planche push up. As you can see the lower back is not at all in the way it is supposed to be. will revisit this to make sure I have proper PPT. This was recorded after all my workouts sets so quite tired. I was wondering though, is the hand placement OK or should they be even further back?

 

 

Then here is my elevated rows. They feel quite good. I noticed when watching the technique video that my feet should be at approximately the same height as the rings. So the feet were a bit higher and rings lower this time causing my head to hit the ground. So I could lose my form a bit in the bottom. next time this will be fixed. Other than that, does it look OK?

 

 

As always very happy for feedback :)

Everett Carroll

Hey Tobias,

Thanks for the submissions.

For your PPPs you had a nice lean. Here are my tips:

1. Protract much more strongly at the top. 

2. Like you already mentioned, your PPT needs to be increased. Feel your hips touch the ground first, then your chest. 

3. Keep your feet together and knees locked. 

4. Keep your toes pointed. Even though the reflex is tough to fight, don't allow your ankles to flex. Keep them extended. 

Nice row setup and position. Here are my tips:

1. Again, more PPT (squeeze your glutes and abs).

2. Keep your knees totally straight. 

 

Keep at it!

Tobias Karlsson

 

Here are my arch up as of now. Done after the last set of 8. 

Does it look OK?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Tobias,

It looks like you're doing a great job. Can you post another side view where your entire body is visible? This will help us to give you better feedback on your arch ups.

Tobias Karlsson

Thanks. I feel that the arch ups are going along really well. I now think that my planch lean and pseudo push ups are at least slightly better.

 

Any thoughts?

 

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Tobias,

They're improving for sure. Here are my tips:

For the Planche Lean and the PPPs, keep your feet together and toes ankles extended the whole time. This is tough to do, especially during the PPPs, but do your best to begin fighting the reflex to curl your toes and flex your ankles.

For the Planche Lean specifically, you need to continue increasing your depth of lean. Also, squeeze your glutes and core more strongly, with the intention of maintaining more PPT/improving your body line. 

For the PPPs, don't forget to keep your scapula depressed and protracted at the top. 

Keep it up!

Tobias Karlsson

This is a slight modification of my ppp. I hope it looks better

 

 

Everett Carroll

It's improving for sure, Tobias. Be sure to keep your legs and feet together, though, and continue to practice pressing your hips toward the floor. 

Tobias Karlsson

Here  is my newest attempt. Hopefully some improvement

 

 

Tobias Karlsson

Is this possition ok or do I need to modify?

Leo Trinidad

Hi Tobias,

You still need to keep your feet together and also the best way to really show your lean is coming from a plank position. This will practice protraction and depression of the scaps. I hope this helps. Keep up the good work.