it doens hurt when i do glute-ham raises but isnt it badd for the knees?
is glute-ham raises bad for the knees?
Started by halluites, February 20, 2010 · 4 Replies · 4,736 Views
No. Well, I'm sure there is some context in which they could be, but in general no.
No, put your knees on something soft in case you are worried about putting too much pressure on the patella.
As blairbob said about soft surface.
Strong back part af legs is esential for good knee health!! The most common problem of knee injuries is too strong ratio between hams and quads in benefit for quadriceps. Good ratio is somwhere 60%/40% in favour for quads if I remember correctly.
Gregor said:As blairbob said about soft surface.Strong back part af legs is esential for good knee health!! The most common problem of knee injuries is too strong ratio between hams and quads in benefit for quadriceps. Good ratio is somwhere 60%/40% in favour for quads if I remember correctly.
4:3 is approximate (since quad is 4 muscles, ham is 3 muscles) comes out to like 57%/43% so yeah 60/40 is about right.