Anatomy Course Recommendation

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, April 22, 2017 · 4 Replies · 2,371 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi everyone,

I love GST and I love anatomy related to movement. I m a Physical Education teacher but what I learnt at University was very basic. Actually I ve learnt more on my own. I love to understand why and how of the movement. When I strecth, to know where is this or that muscle attached and how s working. In general, I like the science behind it and I was considering from some time ago to learn more so I considered abou doing an online course. I m working and have no time to go to classes and also I m not going to come back to University for 4 years just to learn anatomy for amateur purpose. I just want to know for myself, I know the best is to be trained by a coach like coach sommer or some affiliates. But like this doesn t seem a possibility, do you coaches know some good online anatomy course? A one you consider valuable for an amateur? I don t want just to google it and go for the first I find...

If online courses weren t a good option, how can I learn anatomy on my own!!??

Many thanks!

Suzanna McGee

You could look at coursera.org. They offer (free) university courses from all over the world. Maybe you find something that could help you? 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Thanks Suzanna and Bill! I ll definetely take a look to both your recommendations. I forgot to mention the course could be either in english or spanish, although I know not many people can recommend me courses in spanish in this forum!

Antonio Alías Montoya

What about books? Any recommendations on anatomy or gymnastic books?

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi,

I've got a book idea but it's more for a question here.  What do you guys think about Overcoming Gravity, especially the second version?

@Antonio Alías Montoya, for anatomy/movements books, here's a link of some good ones, particularly those on mobility and strength.  I didn't read all of them, but many come back everytime I'm looking for new ressources.

http://daily.barbellshrugged.com/10-training-books-crossfit-athletes-and-coaches-should-read-episode-81-2/