This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1

Started by Alex Tran, April 22, 2017 · 3 Replies · 45 Views

Alex Tran

Looks like the interface to add a video has changed from the instructions in the "How to Post a Form Check" post. 

I'm not seeing how I can add a video so here's the direct link. Hopefully Dropbox videos are supported. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hyt6dlunefuycq/MN-PE1.MOV?dl=0

I'm a complete newbie here. This is the second time I've ever done tuck ups. 

So my main question is: what ONE thing would you have me fix for my next workout? 

Pauline Taube

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your submission and welcome to the Forum!

You're doing a good job. I would focus more on the compression and control on top of the movement. Also try to keep your spine straighter.

I would recommend to spend some more time in the top position after finishing your sets. While holding this position focusing on getting your knees to your chest at the same time as you keep your back as straight as possible.

Alex Tran

so my biggest challenge is actually getting into the top position. most of the time i don't have the strength/balance to get there to even try to control it. is that just a matter of strengthening the core so that eventually it becomes easier? 

when you recommend spending time in the top position after my sets, does that mean immediately starting at the top position (without starting flat) and practice holding it? 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Alex,

To help with balance, you are welcome to place your fingertips on the ground for stability. As you practice, you will become stronger in this position/movement which will make your top position much easier. Pauline's suggestion will help you to buld more strength and become more comfortable in this position. This can be done in supplement to your training. Once you have finished you core workout, spend a few minutes practicing this position.