foundation one + handstand

Started by Gus Zingg, April 9, 2017 · 4 Replies · 3,013 Views

Gus Zingg

Hi all,

I have been thinking about joining the program for a long time and finally decided I will start this week. I did crossfit for 6 years, got in really good shape but also managed to hurt my back ( 2 herniated discs ) and struggled with shoulder exercises because my shoulder were never strong enough for the all the exercises I was doing, including handstands and handstand push ups, muscle ups and all kind of presses.

I am now looking to get some strength back the proper way, I work on yachts so spend a couple weeks out of the month at sea. however, I am confident I can manage to get some good work in.

My first question is.. can I combine foundations one and handstand at the same time or should I finish found one before starting handstand?. Also, is there any equipment I need for these or other programs on the site? All we have in the boat is a couple weights and I just bought a pair of rings. Will this limit the amount of exercises I will be able to do?

One last thing, does the site offer anything specific on rings? ( just like offer movement and handstand), I thought I saw it before but can not find it now.

Thank You,

Gus

Alessandro Mainente

HI Gus, welcome to GB, I'm sorry to hear about your back injury and I hope you can still train with your own bodyweight.

Handstand and Foundations can be combined without any problems:

-for handstand, you need a wood bar and some weight (1-4 kg)

-for foundations you need something where you can wrap the rings straps around, the stallbar at the beginning can be substituted easily.

-for rings we usually suggest to complete at least foundations 2.

Gus Zingg

Thank You Alessandro.

I am looking forward to starting my journey.

I am sure I can find a wooden stick at a supermarket or somewhere like that, not a problem.

When you talk about wrapping the rings around, do you mean somewhere I can hang them from? like a tree for example?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Yes Gus exaclty.

Luke Searra

Hello Gus, any stable reliable place to hang the rings will do fine. A staircase, a doorway (not ideal but doable), a solid tree branch or even a jungle gym in a playground will do. Be creative and enjoy GST.