This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Rotator cuff and knee injury

Started by Rohin Lahoria, April 5, 2017 · 3 Replies · 54 Views

Rohin Lahoria

Hello, Gymnastic Bodies Team:

I recently discovered that I've been suffering from a rotator cuff injury for over a decade; result from playing javelin throw. In addition, I have weak knees (either a result of weak arch or the weak knees causing the arches of my feet to weaken). My physical therapist advised me to focus on unilateral movements (such as single leg deadlifts) in order to strengthen my stabilizing muscles. I have been cleared to workout but slowly progressing and adding heavy weights gradually.

I purchased the Gymnastic Bodies a few months ago and wanted your advice on what kind of workouts/progressions can start with? Can do the GB Skills Package and the Fundamentals Foundation One Stretch Bundle? If yes, how should I begin and what resources should I refer to? What kind of workouts should I start with? Please guide me as I am not very familiar with these workouts/exercises.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you !!

Darin Phoenix

Hi Rohin

We do have some getting started emails that look like they may not have reached you. I'll go through the basics below.

 You can either do all the courses simultaneously or do Fundamentals before the others. It's up to your choice and ability.

If you choose to start with Fundamentals which is what we recommend to people who are just starting out then you will find the below links helpful

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/fundamentals/introduction/

https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/forum/topic/24601-sets-and-reps

Fundamentals will unlock one lesson per day as it's a gentle introduction to mobility. There are no established sets and reps for Fundamentals. You are only required to do the follow along for a given day but are welcome to 'play' with some of the other movements you are having trouble with.

Once you have moved past Fundamentals you can start completing the workouts that are automatically assigned in your dashboard.

In the available workouts section on the main dashboard you'll see the workouts you are able to do this week. It's up to you how many you do, though we recommend trying to get in each once per week at least.

The workouts are in a simple follow along format. All you need to do is complete them and then log the correct smiley face at the end.

Based on which smileys you chose, each Monday the program will modified to suit your individual situation. We take care of all the programming for you. If you have any further questions you can either log a support ticket from inside your dashboard or simply post here and one of our coaches will be happy to assist in you in anyway we can to get the most out of your courses.

Rohin Lahoria
On 4/4/2017 at 11:07 PM, Rohin Lahoria said:

Thank you for getting back to me. Are there any movements/exercises that I can start with that'll help in strengthing and recovering my rotator cuffs and knees?

Hello, Gymnastic Bodies Team:

I recently discovered that I've been suffering from a rotator cuff injury for over a decade; result from playing javelin throw. In addition, I have weak knees (either a result of weak arch or the weak knees causing the arches of my feet to weaken). My physical therapist advised me to focus on unilateral movements (such as single leg deadlifts) in order to strengthen my stabilizing muscles. I have been cleared to workout but slowly progressing and adding heavy weights gradually.

I purchased the Gymnastic Bodies a few months ago and wanted your advice on what kind of workouts/progressions can start with? Can do the GB Skills Package and the Fundamentals Foundation One Stretch Bundle? If yes, how should I begin and what resources should I refer to? What kind of workouts should I start with? Please guide me as I am not very familiar with these workouts/exercises.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you !!

1
 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Rohin, the first suggestion it is to play movements which are pain free until the pain in the daily activities it is completely gone. then you can test with the easier progression movement which can be added to the routine. it is my best suggestion since from behind a monitor I cannot make any type of evaluation, rotator cuff it is too general.