Good afternoon, all. I'm training for an Ironman-distance triathlon in October (will be my second one). I've been participating in triathlon for about 6 years, been running for close to 20 (I am 33). I've never been a big lifter at all, as my enthusiasm ebbs and flows. With swim, bike, run training taking primary importance, I'm going to place an "in home gym" in the garage, consisting of the following:
- pull up bar
- gym rings from here (will be purchasing by month's end)
- swiss/stability ball
- perfect pushups accessory
With the gym rings, as it would relate to triathlon training, I'm at a loss for where to start. I am highly INFLEXIBLE (part genetics, part laziness). Keys for my training are:
- core focus
- shoulder/lat strength (2.4 mile swim)
- general increase in body strength
I'm thinking my routing will center around pull ups and presses (dips and push ups). 90% will be done on the rings, except some pull up reps.
If anyone can offer a place to start, it is appreciated. And if I'm missing anything, please offer some advice. Lastly, I don't know what any of the acronyms mean, so if you use them, just let me know what they stand for, I'll research what to do.
Looking forward to starting my new training regime!!! THANKS!!!