This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My GST Restart

Started by Malik Blasingame, February 25, 2017 · 53 Replies · 1,793 Views

Malik Blasingame

Update #5:

Mastered WP/PE2, FKP/PE2, WR/PE2, FTP/PE2, HS/PE2, and pHS/PE2.

My Biggest Weaknesses:

1. Core strength; Calf/ankle strength & mobility

2. Grip strength (my grip gets really fatigued during the stall bar work in H2)

3. Piriformis mobility (both sides are tight but left side is much tighter than my right)

Malik Blasingame

Update #6:

- Mastered T1/3.2 and T1/4.2 today.

- Had no idea about how to do T1/2.2. That, and my core strength is nonexistent.

- Didn't really feel like I had a good workout today. This week has been really busy for me, so I haven't felt like I've been as focused as usual.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #7:

- Doing Lower Body before Upper Body now (so Core > Lower > Upper).

- A bit tight today (mostly legs) since I didn't do my daily limber routine yesterday.

- Mastered SL/PE3, SLS/PE3, and sPL/PE3. Didn't get a lot of sleep last night, so my body felt pretty fatigued during today's workout.

- Timed my workout today for the first time; took 1hr 18mins including warmup.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
On 3/2/2017 at 4:11 PM, Robert Davis said:

What is age but a measure of time? 

Wax on, wax off.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #8:

- Mastered WP/PE3, FKP/PE3, WR/PE3, FTP/PE3, HS/PE3, and pHS/PE3.

- Adding pHS/PE3>iM to my Handstand day warmups.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #9:

- No clue on how to do T1/2.2. Will be posting a form check.

- Mastered T1/3.3 and T1/4.3.

- Switching the days I do Front Split and Thoracic Bridge because of some fatigue towards the end of the week. Also, TB is the easiest stretch series for me, while FSS is where I need the most attention.

- Adding another Handstand workout to my schedule since Coach says to focus more on press handstands at this stage.

New Schedule:

Mon - Foundation (core, upper, lower)

Tuesday - Handstand & Front Split

Wednesday - Middle Split

Thursday - Handstand & Thoracic Bridge

Friday - Movement

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #10:

- Really felt mentally and physically fatigued all day. Today was one of those days where I had to remind myself that the secret to success is to show up, do the work and go home.

- Mastered SL/PE4, SLS/PE4, and sPL/PE4.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #11:

- Had a really really good workout today. Had a lot of fun with this one. Mastered WP/PE4, FKP/PE4, WR/PE4, FTP/PE4, HS/PE4, and pHS/PE4.

- Had probably my best front split stretch session ever today. Calves and ankles really loosened up.

- A lot more focused with no mental fatigue at all today.

- Adding HS/PE4>iM to my Handstand workout warmup; starting with 5lbs.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #12:

- My body was really sore today (mostly legs and upper back), and I was really tired today since I only got 7 hours of sleep last night (I usually get 8 hours minimum nightly).

- Had my best MSS session so far. I got a lot lower today in most of the stretches.

- Really enjoying my GST journey so far.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #13:

- Very sore in my legs and obliques today; tired as well since I only got 7 hours of sleep last night.

- Mastered WP/SE1, FKP/SE1, WR/SE1, FTP/SE1, HS/PE5, pHS/PE5 (iM killed my forearms).

- Grip strength is a big weakness for me.

- Adding HS/PE5>iM to my Handstand workout warmups; starting with 5lbs.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #14:

- Finally got the hang of T1/2.2. My core strength is really lacking, but these were fun once I figured out how to do them.

- Mastered T1/3.4 and T1/4.4.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #15:

- Had a winter guard performance today so I got home later than normal; skipped my usual warmup and went straight into my workout so I'd still be able to get 8hrs of sleep tonight.

- Probably my fastest workout yet; only giving myself 1min of rest between exercises (using a timer).

- Mastered SLS/PE5 and sPL/PE5. Felt like I could have mastered RC/PE1 today, but left a little in the tank and marked it as easy so I could master it next week; felt stronger in most progressions today.

- Adding a single set of Skiers and Planche Leans into my daily Foundation workout warmups.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #16:

- Mastered WP/SE2, FKP/SE2, WR/SE2, FTP/SE2, HS/PE6, and pHS/PE6.

- Adding a single set of 10r of HS/PE6 (starting w/ 5lbs) and pHS/PE6 to my Handstand workout warmups.; taking HS/PE4>iM out of my warmups.

- I was really sore today as well as mentally and physically fatigued due to lack of sleep last night.

- Moving TBS to Wednesday and MSS to Thursday after my Handstand workout since my hamstrings were really sore last week from the pHS iMs and FSS/MSS on back to back days.

New Schedule:

Mon - Foundation

Tuesday - Handstand & Front Split

Wednesday - Thoracic Bridge

Thursday - Handstand & Middle Split

Friday - Movement

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #17:

- Mastered WP/SE3, FKP/SE3, WR/SE3, FTP/SE3, HS/PE7, and pHS/PE7.

- Adding a single set of 10r of pHS/PE7>iM to my Handstand warmups; starting with 5lbs.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #18:

- Really getting the hang of T1/2.2 now.

- Mastered T1/3.5 and T1/4.5.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #19:

- Had SAPA Championships this past weekend. Today's workout took a lot to get through because of lack of sleep and mental/physical fatigue. My body was very tight today as well.

- Mastered SLS/PE6, RC/PE1 (finally), and sPL/PE6.

- Adding 1x10r of SLS/PE6>iM to my daily foundation warmups.

- I felt really good after today's workout. Show up, do the work, go home.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #20:

- I'll be taking it easy this week since I'm sick and out of town for spring break. My body needs a rest from training.

- Did my daily limber and practiced stalder presses today.

 

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #21:

- Took a week long break from training last week since I was sick and on spring break. Pretty tired from school before my workout. Haven't done my daily limber routine since last Tuesday (4/4/17), but my body was still loose today. :) I was a little worried about being really tight.

- Really annoyed with my lack of core strength. Marked 'Fine' on all core exercises today. Will be doing hollow body holds and hanging leg lifts (v-ups when I don't have access to stall bars) to help combat my weak abdominals; basically just greasing the groove with these two exercises.

- Mastered SLS/PE7 really easily; adding 1x10r of its iM to my Foundation warmups. Mastered sPL/PE7 as well.

- I feel so much more energized now after my workout.

- Changing my workout schedule as well.

New Schedule:

Mon - Foundation

Tuesday - Handstand & Front Split

Wednesday - Movement & Thoracic Bridge

Thursday - Foundation

Friday - Handstand & Middle Split

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #22:

- My body is still fatigued from yesterday's F7 workout. Completed my H1 workout, but going to save the H2 portion for tomorrow.

- Mastered WP/SE4, FKP/SE4, WR/SE4, FTP/SE4, and HS/PE8. Adding 1x10r of WP/SE4, FKP/SE4, WR/SE4, FTP/SE4, and HS/PE8>iM (starting w/ 5lbs) to my Handstand warmups.

- I'm constantly reminding myself to show up, do the work, go home. Consistency is key for success.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #23:

- Mastered pHS/PE8.

- Didn't get a lot of sleep last night. Shoulders and traps are still fatigued from my past 2 workouts.

- Really didn't feel like doing TBs. I wasn't focused, but I pushed through it and got it done.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #24:

- Mastered SLS/PE8.

- Absolute dead. I only got 3-4hrs of sleep last night so fatigue really set in.

Body Composition Update #1:

- First day of GB Thrive. Starting Weight: 176lbs/Goal Weight: 145lbs

- Going to weigh myself every Friday morning.

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #25:

- I've been consistently tired and in a state of fatigue for about a week now, so I'm taking the rest of this week off from training and focusing on my nutrition and sleep.

Malik Blasingame

Body Composition Update #2:

- 174lbs this morning.

- I'm very sick today.

Malik Blasingame

Body Composition Update #3:

- 174.6lbs this morning.

- I took this week off from training so I could focus on my nutrition and getting enough sleep every night.

- Back to training next Monday (May 1st).

- I'm not happy with my form in a few elements so I'm going back to remaster sPL/PE5,6,7 (piked hips & need more protraction), pHS/PE8 (lost elevation in my shoulders and started planching forward as the sets progressed), T1/2.1 (wasn't able to film myself when I mastered these), and T1/3.4 (only happy with set 5).

- Taking out TBs since I'm able to do the last element without stall bars, and my bridge and shoulder extension are pretty good.

- Adjusting my schedule once more. Might change Movement to Saturday.

New Schedule:

Mon - Foundation

Tuesday - Front Split

Wednesday - Handstand & Movement

Thursday - Middle Split

Friday - Foundation

Malik Blasingame

Workout Update #26:

- Had a really good workout today. I was a lot more focused. Only giving myself 1 minute of rest between exercises.

- I was still tired at the end of my F7 workout, but I didn't have nearly as much mental fatigue like usual. I'm giving credit to Thrive for that; really enjoying it :D

- Mastered SLS/SE1. I wasn't able to master sPL/PE5, but my form was a lot better in both the strength element and iM. Pretty happy with that :)