This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Elevated thoracic Bridge push up TBSSE19

Started by Leigh Kettle, February 25, 2017 · 74 Replies · 1,557 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hi @Alessandro Mainente

Nearly 3 months on I've continued to work the cat variations as you suggested 

is there something I can post that you can look at to see if I am in any way any nearer to starting some of the further bridge work 

I still currently only do the tb series up to the inverted cat stretch 

many thanks as always Alex 

Alessandro Mainente

You can try the series Up to the elevated bridge, also insert daily the reverse cat.

Leigh Kettle

Ok Alex thank you I'll do this from now on

many thanks 

Leigh Kettle

Hey @Alessandro Mainente And @Everett Carroll

  It was February when you advised me to stop the tb series at inverted cat stretch  and to concentrate on my flexion before attempting elevated bridge, etc . Recently Alex you advised me to now start to  jnclude elevated bridge and the flexion press in handstand . Here are my current attempts performed tonight. (The bridge I didn't hold I just got in position to see if ok ) I wanted to get the submission in early in case you had any words of advise or ideas on whether i am ok continuing  as I try and progress here . I'm working real hard on my shoulder mobility (as I am with it all) I assure you :-/ 

many thanks 

leigh 

https://youtu.be/1o0VkuCXDrE

https://youtu.be/EF0xDs0NjY8

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely a nice improvement, I'm happy to see that you can push up into the elevated bridge.

how do you feel it? easier? harder? no difference?

Leigh Kettle

Thanks alex

yes pushing up was ok. It was my first time trying these for a long time so was hoping things had improved in terms of flexion and positioning etc which is why I wanted your input before I carried on with these 

 

Leigh Kettle

Hi Alex @Alessandro Mainente

i was wondering if you prefer me to be more elevated in my bRidge hold than the video above  . I experimented tonight and took this video and would be most grateful For  your feedback (apologies for poor light as it was getting pretty dark )

many thanks

leigh https://youtu.be/1GexeYmhny4

Alessandro Mainente

The correct feet position it is the one where you can see that the shoulders are completely opened.

Leigh Kettle
8 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The correct feet position it is the one where you can see that the shoulders are completely opened.

Sorry Alex to clarify are you saying my post dated August 16 is preferred to the one I posted yesterday 

many thanks 

Alessandro Mainente

Actually no, in the last the shoulders mobility has improved.

Leigh Kettle

Hey Alex @Alessandro Mainente

how is this please from my session today .your input greatly appreciated 

leigh

https://youtu.be/iV-z45jJAQo

 

Alessandro Mainente

nice work, can you lockout your knees?

Leigh Kettle

I can work towards this next session yes Alex

many thanks 

 

Leigh Kettle

Sorry Alex @Alessandro Mainente

ONe more thing 

even though I squeezed my glutes hard during this and nothing was felt during the hold , when I came out of the hold there was a dull sensation/discomfort  in lower back.  Is this expected due to me holding this position or am I not doing something right  ?

thank you 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Some involvement of the lower back it is acceptable since the full thoracic extension appears with a little extension in the lower back BUT this does not mean that the biggest part of the extensions appears in the lower back.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks again Alex 

Leigh Kettle

Hey Alex hope you don't mind me continuing with asking for your input on this thread as I (hopefully ) progress my tb 

i can now comfortably lower my legs now so am starting them wide with a view to locking knees then bringing legs together as I improve - as I've heard you recommend before 

how is this looking now my feet are lower please 

many thanks 

@Alessandro Mainente

https://youtu.be/RmOwmPMf1ps

Everett Carroll

I like the position, Leigh.

Like Alex mentioned above, stay with this foot width and height until you can comfortably lock out your knees. 

Leigh Kettle

THanks so much Everett. Yes I will remain at this height until I can do that .

Incidentally this video https://youtu.be/OlAEDN01B1g is how Ive progressed with my feet  at a higher level - are you happy that I'm now coming lower having seen this ? 

Many thanks 

 

Alessandro Mainente

I'm seriously impressed by the amount of gain of mobility you made.

Leigh Kettle

Alex thank you. I always listen hard and take everything you and the guys tell me and put it in to serious practice

thanks again 

@Alessandro Mainente

Leigh Kettle

Seriously buzzing tonight as  Managed the full 60 seconds of elevated bridge hold from start to finish  . #progress :)

Jeffrey Bittner

That's awesome, Leigh! Congratulations on the great progress!

Leigh Kettle
11 hours ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

That's awesome, Leigh! Congratulations on the great progress!

Thanks Jeffrey - 

best programme ever and have been  steering plenty of people its way through my insta posts ...Told them all the gold standard that this really is 

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys in particular @Alessandro Mainente And @Jeffrey Bittner@Everett Carroll who have been much appreciated helpers with me on this topic 

At the lower position spoken about above I can now bring my legs together and lock them out .. does all look ok to you to continue down to the next stall bar for the hold (again starting wider and  working to bring free feet closer together and locked straight legs  )

incidentally for the push ups my feet are on the same rung but a a little wider apart 

many thanks in advance

leigh 

https://youtu.be/-hO_PkG891k